2008 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: Excellent Truck

2008 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Review

Excellent Truck
By Northerner on

2008 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall very happy I bought this truck - I've wanted it since I was 16, so it's about time! After 2k miles, averaging 18 mpg, w/ a range of 15.5 to 21 for city/highway driving. Definitely rides like a truck. Very happy with 4x4 performance - safely got me & my friends to the mountain w/o any problems. Double cab rocks. Great engine. Not very comfortable on long highway rides - a 4 hour trip to Boston was not comfortable. A minor complaint: my right toe almost always hits the wiring harness directly above the brack pedal when I switch my foot from gas to brake (size 9.5 boot)...FYI. Again, though, very happy I bought this truck - it IS the vehicle that drives by you that you wish you had.

Excellent 4x2 to 4x4 switching. Exterior looks, interior layout, toyota quality & reliability, very quiet engine, overall fun to drive!

Major problem: driver's seat is NOT confortable on long (2+ hours) drives! Minor problems: 4x4 switcher dial needs to be illuminated, as does the power door lock button. Speakers stink, but they are easily replaced at Crutchfield.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review