2008 Toyota Tacoma 4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic 5.0 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Excellent Truck

2008 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Review

Excellent Truck
By Northerner on

2008 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall very happy I bought this truck - I've wanted it since I was 16, so it's about time! After 2k miles, averaging 18 mpg, w/ a range of 15.5 to 21 for city/highway driving. Definitely rides like a truck. Very happy with 4x4 performance - safely got me & my friends to the mountain w/o any problems. Double cab rocks. Great engine. Not very comfortable on long highway rides - a 4 hour trip to Boston was not comfortable. A minor complaint: my right toe almost always hits the wiring harness directly above the brack pedal when I switch my foot from gas to brake (size 9.5 boot)...FYI. Again, though, very happy I bought this truck - it IS the vehicle that drives by you that you wish you had.

Favorite Features

Excellent 4x2 to 4x4 switching. Exterior looks, interior layout, toyota quality & reliability, very quiet engine, overall fun to drive!

Suggested Improvements

Major problem: driver's seat is NOT confortable on long (2+ hours) drives! Minor problems: 4x4 switcher dial needs to be illuminated, as does the power door lock button. Speakers stink, but they are easily replaced at Crutchfield.