Excellent Little Truck!
By Tommy on
2008 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)
I purchased this "mini-taco" 03-22-2008 as a way to downsize and conserve. Couldn't be happier with this truck. It is the 4x4 regular cab, the smallest tacoma. What a great design, big on features. Driving mildly, now averaging 23-24 mpg overall. Thats not great but consider its a 4x4. It handles the road much better than the older generation. The steering radius is another pleasant surprise. The performance is better than expected. The 4cyl engine will really move if you want it to. I did get the SR5 package which gives the reg cab truck bucket seats. Very comfortable and supportive. Many cup holders, using the 2 on the rear of the center console for reserve water bottles.
Favorite Features
Excellent overall styling. The utility features of the bed alone are worth a look. Mini-truck performs quite well, better than expected. 4cyl engine is great, darn near as strong as my older v6. Surprised these regular cabs are not more popular. I smile every time I look at my new truck!
Suggested Improvements
When new, 2 of the 5 tire pressure sensors were faulty. Dealer replaced at no cost, but required truck for 1 day. 5 spd transmission feels a little clunky. Passenger seat pressure sensor too sensitive, set off by a weekend to-go bag. Toyota refused to send mini 4x4 to southern California!!