After 8 months I'm still satisfied!
By TacoMan on
2008 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)
I purchased my truck almost 9 months and 10,000 miles ago, and I must say that I am still very happy with it (unlike my last pick-up truck, a which was a 1999 Ford Ranger)! I have driven it between Florida and Upstate New York a number of times, and except for disappointing highway gas mileage (around 18-20 MPG), I generally have no complaints. I bought the truck without the towing package (a $600 dealer option), but I installed a top of the line trailer hitch and wiring for less than $200! I had no problem towing a 5000 lb. boat/trailer! I also didn't get the overpriced TRD option, but the truck is still great off-road!
Favorite Features
A real truck that doesn't drive like one. Great power for a V6! Roomy interior (I have the "Access Cab" model) with comfortable seats (I have the "SR5" with option package #2).
Suggested Improvements
This truck needs standard iPod and satellite radio adapters. I had to purchase and install an aftermarket iPod/satellite radio interface. Better quality tires and rims should be standard. The factory standard Dunlop tires are garbage and the standard rims look like they came off of a trailer!