2008 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: A Little Disappointed

2008 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Review

A Little Disappointed
By Ward on

2008 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third Toyota. Although I have been sold on the overall quality of Toyota, I am somewhat disappointed with my present truck. I get vibration in the steering wheel between 55 and 70 MPH. After three trips to the dealership and replacement of two tires,I still have the vibration. Now the metal framework in the seatback on the driver's side is coming out through the fabric. The A/C fan motor would only work on high speed (resistor replacement required). The transmission shifts rough, the door speakers buzz when the bass is turned on step 5 (volume is only at medium). My best gas mileage so far is 20.2 MPG (hwy). Did I mention I only have 5200 miles since purchased new.

I enjoy the firm Sport suspension, the convenient storage compartments, the V-6 power and the overall appearance. The interior colors are well coordinated and instruments easy to read.

Better fuel economy and a smoother shifting transmission.Two additional deck mounted D ring tiedowns forward would by handy.