2008 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Finally, a REAL truck!
By Ken on 03/27/08 15:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

It's been a while since I owned a pickup and once I drove the Tacoma, I had to have it! I have the four door double cab, V6, TRD Sport package.

Best Pick-Up
By Oregon Pick-Up on 03/27/08 11:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have been looking to get a tacoma since 2005 when the reviews came out on the new v-6 with the 6-speed manual. my wait was well worth it. I love this pick-up. plenty of power and all but one very small feature I wanted. Best in class by far I research for 2 and half years and always came up with the same answer for what I wanted. Toyota Tacoma

Did I get a lemon?
By Jim on 03/26/08 11:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've been looking forward to getting this truck for some time. I am pleased with a lot of it except the automatic transmission. Been told that Toyota is "looking at the problem". It hangs at 1000 and 2000 Rpms - and the engine continues to race harder and harder but it doesn't pick up speed or shift. Very disappointing.

I love this Truck
By Dave in Florida on 03/20/08 17:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just traded my 2007 Tundra, 5.7 in on this truck. I got the TRD Sport package and am very satisfied with this truck. Toyota definitely knows what it is doing with these trucks. I can't find a thing I am unhappy about.

My Little Red Truck
By Becki on 03/19/08 00:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is an awesome truck. The new body style is very handsome. I also like that the truck is bigger than before. Fuel mileage is wonderful, especially due to gas prices these days. The dashboard is very nice in appearance & functioning. The interior is quite roomy, and comfortable. The truck handles well and responds nicely when need be. We purchased the LWB and it is very handsome on the truck. The ride is like you are in a cadillac. This is the only vehicle I've ever had that has the audio controls on the steering wheel and I must say that's a good place for them. I most of all enjoy the fact that I can sit in the driver's seat and reach whatever I need without having to stretch.

This truck is forever!!
By Big Al on 03/18/08 20:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the loaded TRD offroad package. Sharp black baja rims. I love the feeling of driving this car. It's smooth, tight, you dont feel pot holes - it seems to glide right over them, it feels like a truck sports car. It's quiet on the road, has organized storage to put things. Make sure you get it with all the options available. You will want them when you own it for awhile. Do not sacrifice comfort - get the upgraded seats. They are great with lumbar support.

Too many problems!
By mudslinger on 03/16/08 16:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Replaced wife's jeep with TRD Tacoma because they last forever with no problems? Drove it home and shut driver's door latch fell out of the door, back to the dealer for a week. Check engine light came on at 500 miles, back to dealer two days, crack in gas cap. 900 miles, keyless entry stops working in shop four days while they trace down electrical short. Getting a whole 14mpg in mixed driving, same as my full size truck thats twice the size. 4200 miles traded it in for a Ford Edge!!!!

Taco
By Larry on 03/12/08 18:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchase my first 2008 Taco in October of 2007, and for the most part and with only 3ooo miles it is running great and it tows with the best of them.

Solid reliable truck
By Aikizlla on 02/27/08 04:20 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have wanted a Toyota truck for some time. I owned other models but never kept them long. The 08 Tacoma is a solid well built truck with all the features I could want. Six speed is fun to drive and gives a little better engine break control in the snow. The TRD package provides some great seats and other features. The truck runs solid if not a little rough but it is a truck and with the bed loaded it smooths out considerably. Mileage is about as expected. The fit and finish is very solid as well. Does not look cheap or cheesy. Overall very happy with my purchase, great financing was offered by toyota as well as other rebate incentives.

Excellent all around truck
By trucknut12 on 02/22/08 22:37 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I went from a 2004 GMC Canyon to my 2008 Toyota Tacoma. Both trucks had the offroad packages. The GMC had a smoother ride on the highway, the toyota is bouncy. Offroad the toyota has the advantage with more ground clearance and absorbs large bumps better. The edge in handling and turning radius goes to the Toyota. Body roll is alot less on the toyota. Fuel economy is only slightly worse on the toyota then the GMC. 20.7MPG Toyota vs. 21.4MPG GMC, in my standard work to home route. Fit and finish on the Toyota are way above the GMC. I would say these trucks are very close, with the edge going to toyota, for better build quality and materials an it's able to tow heavier loads.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.