2008 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Great Truck for the Money
By Shane on 05/24/08 10:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had been looking at trucks for over a year when I finally took the plunge and purchased the Tacoma. It is a great truck for what I need it for. Adequate room for all the stuff I need for work and the children are comfy in the back seat. I added several options to the truck that I felt should almost come as standard features in this day and age (iPod hookup, all weather mats, hands free phone, etc.).

little unhappy
By cegamo on 05/08/08 19:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Toyota I trade 2004 Nissan frontier great truck and get this Toyota with only 350 miles it was 6 times in the dealer, engine has a ticking noise and is getting worse, the transmission make a bell noise when is on neutral, and also makes a clunk when go to full stop, the dealer said everything is normal. I wish to have my Nissan back.

Sweet Truck!
By Hugh on 04/21/08 06:24 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I moved up from my 03 Tacoma 2.4L engine for this one. This truck has all the "bells and whistles" my old truck lacked and I love it so far. Powerful V6 engine, tighter turning radius than my smaller 03 Taco had, smooth shifting automatic. It's very comfortable for me to drive although there seems to be a good amount of wind noise at freeway speeds. Around town it's quiet and seems to be rock solid so far. Keep in mind, I only have about 175 miles so far, but at this point I'm very happy with the truck.

Really like this truck
By Ronald Wilfong on 04/11/08 19:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Toyota truck and 2nd 4WD. I traded a 1993 SR5 manual trans in for the 2008 Tacoma with 5 speed auto transmission, due to knee surgery. I had a frontend alignment problem that was finally corrected by the dealership after I complained to Toyota, but they did fix it, under warranty. I have had to haul several loads so far and love the design of the composite bed and the fact I don't need a bed liner. I got the radiant red which is very sharp, the overall truck design is superior to anything else I have seen or checked out. The interior is very roomy and comfortable. I bought new off road floor mats and vent visor's and put a bug shield on too. Plan to keep it along time.

2000 miles later
By Tacoma on 04/11/08 12:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Tacoma, but I've been in love with this truck for years. It handles fine for me; it's just a truck, not a sports car. Off-road the truck handles well and performs better, but the stock tires need to go if you plan on doing some serious off-roading. Otherwise, I've been averaging over 20 mpg doing mostly highway driving through the Cumberland mountains (a 4spd automatic might have been a better choice since the 4cylinder needs to be in 4th gear to climb hills on the interstate). The base model comes with no frills, but I can handle crank windows and push mirrors--it's a truck plane and simple.

One Dumb Purchase
By flemdog on 04/10/08 14:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

There is no position on the heater/AC controls that will shut off outside air from coming in through the vents, which is a problem if you live in a colder climate as I do. The wind noise overpowers conversation and the radio, the wipers make an irritating “thunk/thunk” noise, and the outside temp/compass indicator is difficult enough to read due to a reflective glare. The seat bolsters are narrow and uncomfortable. Gas & brake pedals are too close.

Love
By LOVE on 04/07/08 09:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third Toyota pickup, and it's better than the first two. It's excellent. Drives great off road with the TRD packages. Great rims and every thing.

Test drive a lot before you buy!
By kbrew on 04/01/08 08:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought a 2008 crew cab trd tacoma. The TRD is very bouncy. I don't know if it is because of the TRD but it rides like a truck even though I have read reviews claiming that it rides like a car. It does not! I am also not impressed by the road/wind noise or the engine noise. I hope the bounce and noise settle down seeing that I only have 150 miles on it. Test drive the truck a lot before you buy!

Excellent truck
By Michael on 03/30/08 20:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a very nice truck; probably the best deal for your money until you need something F-350/F-450 sized. Lots of towing capacity (6.5klbs) with the towing package, and performs great off- road. Both the 5 spd. auto and 6 spd. manual transmissions perform very nicely. If you do your own work, all components are very nicely spaced out and accessible.

My first toyota
By jimmy on 03/29/08 12:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I got this little pick up not long ago, I'm still breaking it in and we are getting to know to each other. It is a basic model no power windows, no power locks, no power mirrors. Its an automatic white exterior/ ash interior. I really like the half cab on the back to have all my stuff in it, I'm a big guy and I even fit on the back seat. I really like the dash and the interior looks, it is spacious for a small truck. I was about to get another truck but when I tried this one, I had no choice but to take it. It is simple, reliable so far, and looks sturdy.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.