56K miles down, 944K to go!
By Tango6 on
2008 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
Yes I do expect a million miles out of this truck. I bought it just before I retired from the Army. I used it in the field transporting troops and gear, daily driving around town, and hauling a lot of gear across the country. I change my own oil every 5K miles(Toyota filter & Mobil 1). I've added a K&N air filter and a tri-fold toneau cover. Took a trip up to New Mexico and checked the mileage. I got 24.8 mpg. This included highway & city driving as well as a lot of hills. The truck is very comfortable for cross country trips. In addition to changing my own oil, I change my own spark plugs. Maintenance on this truck is easy due in part to accessibility. It also has tons of great storage!
Favorite Features
Great tie down system in the bed. Great storage area under rear seat. Huge console storage and door storage lets me keep plenty of stuff at the ready. Has great 360 degree visibility for driving.
Suggested Improvements
Make the tailgate lock standard. I used an aftermarket after no dealer had a truck with one. Cup holder between gearshift and console needs to be bigger. Maybe offer a power sliding back glass. Not much room for improvement on such a great truck.