2008 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Solid truck with good mileage
By JJD on 09/20/08 20:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I finally sold my '91 Toyota Pickup for a new Taco after failing to find a used 4 cyl, manual, 2wd, extended cab one used for anywhere near a reasonable price. My old pickup was still getting 35 mpg highway when I sold it at 160000 miles. But the extra cab space and comfort is great. After almost a year with the new truck I really like this truck. With a camper cap on the bed and at 69 MPH I get a solid 30 MPG on trips. Around home I still get a respectable 25MPG, although I drive with efficiency on my mind. Performance is adequate and the handling is mushy compared to my old Pickup, but the ride is much better and the interior is much more comfortable.

A nicely equipped truck for under $20K
By tacodan on 08/02/08 20:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

The 4-cyl 5-speed manual trans combo is well matched. When you get on it, the power is very impressive. I am getting a consistent 24-27.5 MPG. Handled a large 7ft sofa and a tall chest of drawers with a hitch. The area below the dash and the steering column is small for people with large feet. Cabin is a bit noisy at highway speeds when crosswinds are strong. No frt tie-down d-rings as in the rear. HUGE BOO-BOO. The truck drives like a car for comfort on long trips. All the power accessories work well and are well designed. OEM spkrs chintzy. GREAT A/C with very adjustable vents. Adjustable lumbar a great feature. Changed oil today, easy, just have a cap style filter wrench.

Good truck but I still miss my '90 Toy!
By Sparky on 06/06/08 13:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

We've had this for 6 months now. Had a '90 truck, so the size of this one put me off at first, but I've adapted and my wife has to the creature comforts lacking in the '90, which is the main reason I HAD to get a new truck! We just finished a 1400 mile trip to the Eastern Sierras. A mix of freeway, hills, mountains and dirt roads. As others mentioned, fifth is pretty weak to maintain freeway speeds on steep inclines, so used 4th for that and everything was fine. As for mileage, got 27.2mpg for the entire trip. Think we could beat that on an all freeway trip to LA. Unless you really think you need 4WD, V6,A/T why haul all that extra weight around? At $4.25 a gallon it all adds up.

Awesome Truck!
By Rich on 10/14/07 19:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

This truck is extremely cool to drive. It's very quiet and has a great pickup. It's very fast (manual drive). The gas mpg is great. The only bad thing is that the MPG increases a lot more when you use the AC. Other than that, it's the best truck I ever had.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.