2008 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Performance and Reliability
By demonoid123 on 07/18/11 21:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

MPG: 18 gal=370 miles city maximum. (Never gone past 3 gallon reserve to test out full mileage.) 18gal=400 highway maximum. 18 gal=~$60@$3.40-85octane(w/15%ethanol-Costco) I add LUCAS gas treatment also. Cons: Interior has cheap look and feel. Small spacing for legs. Paint scratches and chips easily. Frame rusts easily. ( Even after power-wash every time exposed to salty roads) Pros: Performance: Will do the job on any terrain(Even with the crappy tires sold by manufacturer: Firestone Destination LE) Engine is reliable and OK Design (accessibility-wise) Bottom line: Not fancy interior but great exterior look and performance.

As Advertised
By BillM on 12/22/08 14:34 PM (PST)

I have driven my truck about 36,000 miles in 10 months(outside sales w/large territory). Power and handling are excellent for a truck. Mileage stays between 21.5 and 22 with mostly highway driving. Previously drove a Colorado for 150,000 miles. Toyota power and quieter ride are a serious upgrade. Used to have to pull off the road in the Chevy to talk on the cell.

Best Truck of 2008
By Mounir on 06/22/08 14:40 PM (PDT)

I have been looking for a truck that can accommodate my family and my household items, and I did find it. My toyota Prerunner is the one. I trade my old Toyota 1995 to the one I have now. Now I own the most reliable and valuable truck. It is the smartest move I have made this year. It is the best buy if anyone consider a truck for a special needs.

Excellent truck
By Michael on 03/30/08 20:50 PM (PDT)

This is a very nice truck; probably the best deal for your money until you need something F-350/F-450 sized. Lots of towing capacity (6.5klbs) with the towing package, and performs great off- road. Both the 5 spd. auto and 6 spd. manual transmissions perform very nicely. If you do your own work, all components are very nicely spaced out and accessible.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.