2008 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Functional and reliable
By dinola on 04/07/10 15:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab PreRunner 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have had many toyotas over the years and the prerunner has continued to be a reliable vehicle. It gets good gas milage for a toyota tacoma and is a safe truck to drive. I expect to have it for many years.

Love the truck, but I hate the ride!
By Robert Clarke on 05/03/09 20:38 PM (PDT)

First, let me say, I love the seats, the driving position is perfect, not too low for me (I am 5'9"). Brakes are amazing, Brake Assist and Electronic Brake Force Distribution really work. Gas Mileage is good, 20 city and 24 highway. No squeaks, tight truck. The Stock stereo is OK. Now the bad news, the ride is punishing! It is jarring even over the small bumps! My wife loves it, I am giving it to her and buying something else!

1st Toyota
By DaveS on 11/30/07 05:04 AM (PST)

I've had good luck with pickups in general, but this is my 1st Toyota. So far I couldn't be happier with my decision. Smooth, quiet and great fun to drive. The 2.7 has all the power I need and the Prerunner suspension looks beefy - like a truck should look!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Toyota Tacoma Access-cab in VA is:

$114 per month*