Used 2008 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Functional and reliable
By dinola

2008 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have had many toyotas over the years and the prerunner has continued to be a reliable vehicle. It gets good gas milage for a toyota tacoma and is a safe truck to drive. I expect to have it for many years.

The hooks in the bedliner are very functional. The look of the truck is very solid. It is also fun to drive.

The access doors are a pain for costco runs or anytime you need to load something with a car next to you. You need to open both the front and access door to get to the back. Thats when i should have gotten the crew cab. Back seat is not very comfortable for riding long distance in.

Love the truck, but I hate the ride!
By Robert Clarke

2008 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

First, let me say, I love the seats, the driving position is perfect, not too low for me (I am 5'9"). Brakes are amazing, Brake Assist and Electronic Brake Force Distribution really work. Gas Mileage is good, 20 city and 24 highway. No squeaks, tight truck. The Stock stereo is OK. Now the bad news, the ride is punishing! It is jarring even over the small bumps! My wife loves it, I am giving it to her and buying something else!

Interior layout and seats. Gas mileage. Toyota reliability and resale. Brakes. The 5 speed manual is smooth as silk. The SR 5 package adds some nice touches

Please soften up the ride a little. I know it's a truck, but other trucks I have owned rode much smoother. Maybe it is the stock Dunlops?

1st Toyota
By DaveS

2008 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've had good luck with pickups in general, but this is my 1st Toyota. So far I couldn't be happier with my decision. Smooth, quiet and great fun to drive. The 2.7 has all the power I need and the Prerunner suspension looks beefy - like a truck should look!

Great looks, solid feel, Toyota reliability.

MP3 aux jack for the stereo (who doesn't have an iPod or MP3??), hoping for improved fuel economy as the engine breaks in.