2007 Toyota Tacoma 4.0L V6 5-speed Automatic 6.1 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Test drive sold it

2007 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

Test drive sold it
By ol dave on

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased, but the test drive sold this vehicle. I was ready to buy the Frontier, a nicely-priced '07 "mgr.'s special" and decided I owed myself the test drive in the latest Taco. I have never owned either brand before. Traded a Sube, still have an old 318 Dakota. The Fronty was a good truck but this blew it away in my opinion. I greatly prefer the adult interior styling and the overall road feel. Power was excellent and felt more controlled in street conditions than brand N. A very sophisticated pickup truck. Did not want the fuel and complexity of 4WD, or cute lettering on the side, so took the straight 4x2 dbl cab with the l/b. Long bed rode better than the short.

Favorite Features

The engine. The interior, control layout, and styling overall. Comfortable driver seating. Sliding rear window. Nice bedliner. Decent rear passenger room. Great ride and handling.

Suggested Improvements

Wish this version had 6-way seats. Step/running board for the ladies. Bed extender included (adder is $400). Daytime running lamps.