2007 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: Seems like a winner

2007 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

2007 Toyota Tacoma

Seems like a winner
By Foghorn on

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first "non" full-sized truck, after 4 Dodges. What I gave up in power and torque, I feel I have made up for in fit and finish. This truck screams quality. It's airtight, the first vehicle I have owned with no rattles or squeaks. The V6 has more than enough get-up-and-go, it handles very well and has a tight turning radius. Brakes are a little spongy but strong. Seats are quite comfortable and supportive. I have not experienced the paint chipping (yet) others have complained about. Too new to gauge mileage. I bought this truck banking on the infamous Toyota quality and longevity and while it's too early to tell, so far I am impressed.

Composite bed, compartments and cupholders, orange dash lights (I thought this would bug me but I like them). Strong fog lights. High quality seat fabric. Overall drivability - it's very comfortable while still maintaining a truck-like ride.

I don't think Toyota has heard of heated outside mirrors (ouch! I thought every car had these!). No dash indicator for fog lights on. 4x4 switch doesn't light up nor do the power window switches (except the driver's). These are small issues but fixng them would make this a near-perfect vehicle.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review