Spunky little truck
By cardude on
2007 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)
I've had this truck for a little over two years now. Traded in a horrible piece of GM junk (2000 Pontiac firebird), needed a truck as I lived in a very rural area where trucks are a necessity. Reliability has been through the roof, especially compared to all of the GM cars and trucks that we have owned over the years. I went with the absolute base model with auto trans as the only option but fit and finish is still excellent along with a plethora of standard features. It doesn't even feel like a truck with the elegant but tough looking interior and almost car like handling. GM should've taken note long ago or they wouldn't be in such dire straits. Overall I am very pleased.
Favorite Features
Ext/Int design, 6 cup holders, 26mpg, lots of storage, paint quality, standard Air and CD player, handling, copious leg and head room, stain proof seats, absolutely no problems at 40K miles, excellent headlight visibility, engine is easy and simple to work on if you do your own servicing.
Suggested Improvements
Smooth out the thrashy and noisy 2.7L, Trans gearing is too low (kills MPG), stock Firestone tires are junk, plastic front bumper fades quickly.