2007 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: Excellent overall value

2007 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

Excellent overall value
By Tren on

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Having owned Ford long beds, this truck is far superior in every way except power on hills. I chose the I4 Prerun for value reasons and it's lived up its name. Hauling a motorcycle on a hill with the manual tran at 70 was not a problem nor has getting 22-27 (26-7 if you drive speed limit; my overall avg. is 23.5) on the highway for my daily commute. I've driven 8 hours straight (one stop for gas) and enjoyed comfort comparable to the Accord; cruise control is a must! Also, the midrange power from 70-85 has been surprisingly responsive for those days when you're in a rush. IMO, this truck is a long term keeper.

Good gas mileage, build quality, good handling for a truck, storage spaces, comfort, low cabin noise, bed protector, looks.

I added a tonneau cover and K&N air filter. Lund bug shield works great and pops right in. I agree with others about MP3 plug which I may put in next month.