2007 Tacoma 4X4 V6 Acc. Cab TRD
By Jon on
2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)
This is my third Toyota truck. I've had an '86, '99, and this '07. It rides well, gets the same gas mileage as my last one and better than my old '86 four cylinder, but with more power. Engine is smooth, quiet and powerful. Transmission shifts smoothly. Very comfortable inside. Fold down rear "seatlets" work great for holding ice chests for camping. On the down side: The rear end bottoms out easily under load. Can be remedied with add-a-leafs or air bags. Not much ground clearance, I may get a lift kit.I liked the old lever-type 4X4 range shifter better. New electronic dial type range selector works reliably, but not as smooth and predictably as an actual lever did.
Favorite Features
Power mirrors/doorlocks. Lumbar support. Single pane slider window works better than old dual panes. 400W power inverter works great when camping. Integrated fog lights are nice, a little upward adjustment helps for range. Diff lock's great. Oil filter and oil drain plug positions are wonderful!
Suggested Improvements
I wish BFG AT KOs were a tire option. I use my truck as a truck, not a car. The stock BFGs are good all around, but slip in the real muck. Truck needs about two to three more inches of ground clearance, but all do these days. Better overloads or beefier rear springs needed. Heavier payload cap.