Does Toyota quality still exist? Not my Tacoma..
By strauchfx on
2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)
I recently traded my tacoma, so now I feel I can give an unbiased review. I also own a Toyota Camry and after owning the Tacoma and talking to Toyota customer service I swore to myself I wouldn't buy another EVER. The first thing that went wrong.. a HIGH pitch whistling noise from the front end, Toyota could diagnose the problem, customer service told me "your truck was designed that way".. I figured it out finally, there was a TSB out on the internet for a weak seal on the windshield. Good job Toyota for the help. Next.. The temp/compass thing broke, the HVAC Fan switch broke, only HIGH or nothing. Rear end feel like it has resistance. Strange clunks and bangs. Continued below..
Favorite Features
The steering column literally feels like it's going to break off one day. You can feel it move when you hit bumps in or potholes in the road, not a lot but no movement is normal. Toyota said everything is fine and just ROAD FORCE balance your tires, here is a bill.. thanks Rides like it has CEMENT tires, this thing seriously was the most uncomfortable ride I have ever experienced. It had the TRD sport package so maybe that why, because my dad has the TRD off road package and it's WAY better. Gas mileage sucks, maybe 16 mpg average. I mean I guess it's reliable mechanically (in theory) but it did not feel like the quality product Toyota is supposedly known for. I wouldn't buy another.
Suggested Improvements
Revamp customer service and dealer network so they don't treat the customer as if they are supposed to be thankful to Toyota for producing the product. You are in business because of the consumer, don't forget that. My favorite Toyota line: "Your truck is designed that way sir.." Really? It's supposed to make unbearable whistling noises from the dash board area when driving on the freeway? What a great feature!!