2007 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: An Honest Review

2007 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

V6 Double Cab (4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic 6.1 ft. Bed)

An Honest Review
By Frederick on

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

First, I am a truck guy, never have owned a car. I am 51 years old. My first truck was a 1951 GMC 1/2 ton. Since then I have owned Chevys, Dodges, Internationals, Jeeps and Fords. I have close to a million road miles so I know trucks. This is my first Toyota. I love this truck. I test drove all the others, and I mean all, and this truck is by far the best built, best designed, and best performing. I have 1700 miles on it and for combination driving hwy/city I am getting 24 mpg. Strict hwy driving up 6 & 7% grades from Grand Junction to Denver over the Rocky Mountains and Contenental Divide at 75 mph I got 23.5 mpg. Haven't towed the 4 horse trailer yet, but am sure it will perform.

High gas mileages with plenty of power. I commute 80 miles round trip each day. I live in a high Mt. canyon with a pass of 7000 feet in the middle and 4000 ft elevation on both ends. Spend about 4 hrs city driving for my job so it is a good test for fuel economy. Sport model handling is superb.

Make it so the electrical power outlets for cell phone charger, etc, stay powered up when ignition is off. Doesn't make sense that they don't. A minor issue, but important for those of us who use this feature on a consistent daily basis. Also, locate them to the right of the center console.