2007 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: A good small truck

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Review

A good small truck
By Bill on

2007 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

The acceleration for this 4 cyl auto (SR-5) is very good. I had no trouble, without a heavy load, getting on the highway. The top speed I was able to get it to was 95 mph. I like the overall layout of the vehicle with the small storage area under the rear seats and in the cargo area. The seat and steering adjustments made the vehicle very comfortable to ride in and I had no trouble seeing out the vehicle in all directions. The vehicle's controls are all easy to get to and the radio was simple to operate.

Favorite Features

The four door design is very useful when trying to get behind the front seats. I was unsure about the cargo area with the composite bed. After hauling 500 lbs of rocks in it, I liked it. The rail system is also very useful and I keep my tie downs in the two small storage boxes that are built in.

Suggested Improvements

Have power to the 12 volt plugs even when the vehicle is turned off. Larger and lockable storage in the cargo area would be very nice. There is a lot of dead space between the inner and outer wall of all truck beds and it is good to see that Toyota is starting to use it.