2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Test drive sold it
By ol dave on 01/07/07 19:54 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased, but the test drive sold this vehicle. I was ready to buy the Frontier, a nicely-priced '07 "mgr.'s special" and decided I owed myself the test drive in the latest Taco. I have never owned either brand before. Traded a Sube, still have an old 318 Dakota. The Fronty was a good truck but this blew it away in my opinion. I greatly prefer the adult interior styling and the overall road feel. Power was excellent and felt more controlled in street conditions than brand N. A very sophisticated pickup truck. Did not want the fuel and complexity of 4WD, or cute lettering on the side, so took the straight 4x2 dbl cab with the l/b. Long bed rode better than the short.

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner
By JCO on 01/07/07 18:09 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Actually went to the dealer to purchase a RAV4 to replace the wife's older RAV4. She said she wanted to test drive the Tacoma, and the rest is history. We didn't see the need for the offroad model and are very satisfied with the truck. I think a big plus with the wife is sitting higher than a RAV. Visibility is great. it drives very smoothly and shifts beautifully too.

The smartest truck out there
By esteyskal on 12/31/06 20:43 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

It doesn't have as much hp as the frontier or ridgeline. However it tows more, has a higher payload rating and accelerates better than both of them. All the while it gets better gas mileage. Off road it is tough yet comfortable. The tacoma is the best compact truck out there period. It is expensive. You certainly get the value for what you are paying however a frontier becomes much more lucrative when it is $7k less.

Poor Gas Mileage
By J. Matthews on 12/31/06 15:42 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The drive and ride on this vehicle is very good. The transmission shifts good and is smooth in shifting. The brakes seem to be very responsive and firm. After the fact of purchase I found out that the plugs needed to be changed every 15000 miles. I really find that unacceptable. I changed them and restored the gas mileage back in the 18-20 mpg range. The Tacoma needs the timing chain changed out at 100000 miles. I find that unacceptable. I bought this vehicle for low maintenance costs. I don't think this will happen.

You get what you pay for!
By Tim on 12/26/06 10:27 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Its true, you get what you pay for. Every aspect of this truck is very near to perfect. Smooth, quick, quiet at hwy speeds, eye catching at every turn and just overall comfy. Be sure to test drive this truck prior to making your final purchase.

2007 for a 2004
By DoubleDecker on 12/22/06 14:31 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this vehicle for one week. I replaced a 2004 model Tacoma Double Cab with this one. They finally moved the clock! Has more power, doesn't seem to take up more room in the garage, but feels larger. Brakes don't feel as mushy as the old style eiher.

Great Truck
By Steve on 12/20/06 19:46 PM (PST)

I thought my wife's 2001 Acura TL was quick but the engine of this Tacoma is impressive when power is necessary. Very fast! Rides like a truck which I enjoy but is still very smooth and comfortable to travel. Decent room for passengers in the rear although a little tight if you have tall people up front. Very nice interior although I've noticed a tendency to inadvertently push the steering wheel radio controls during turns. Overall a great looking and great performing truck.

The best 4WD Truck I ever owned!
By Captaincop on 12/19/06 17:00 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I looked around a lot before I bought my Tacoma. I had Chevys and GMCs, too! I had three Dodges. This is the best overall truck I have ever owned. The pickup of the v6 is great. My fuel economy is getting better (18.5) as of 1,000 mile mark. The quality of the paint, interior, all around looks is overwhelming compared to some other car company models. This Tacoma is nice to drive and comfortable too! It just looks good. Indigo Ink Blue! 6 CDs in radio is great. The sound of the radio is real quality.

This truck rocks!!
By Randy on 12/11/06 19:58 PM (PST)

The 07 Tacoma is rock solid. Toyota's 4.0L engine is amazingly powerfull. This truck rocks!! Get the upgraded sound system if you can swing it.

Love this truck so far.
By GBinFL on 12/10/06 20:06 PM (PST)

Traded in a 2003 VW GTI for this truck, as we needed a more family-friendly vehicle. Bought with TRD Sport Pkg#1. Truck looks great, handles great, fun to drive. There are some minor design issues that would make a difference. Looks awesome with hood protector, stainless tube steps, and Lund tonneau cover. Love the 115v power outlet in the bed, but worried that composite bed material will scratch very easily. Need to find some carpet or something to line the bed with. Also wish you could get a factory sunroof in double cab models. Like any vehicle, not perfect, but pretty darn good, and hope the reliability is as good as our Sienna.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.