2007 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport
By Mike Summes on 10/01/07 12:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This truck is a typical well built, reliable vehicle from Toyota. I just got out of a full size P/U and I'm confident this 07 Tacoma will perform as well or better than my full size one.

2007 Tacoma PreRunner
By kpri101 on 09/26/07 18:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've only had it a few days but after driving a 6 cyl. manual Ford F150 for 4 years this is a godsend. I bought an '07 Tacoma PreRunner with the TRD off road package. It has been an exceptional truck and I've had several of my neighbors/co-workers comment on it. I think I made the right decision. The Indigo-blue looks outstanding. It beats the Ford F150 6 cyl. into the ground for power.

Reliability but not much style
By Shaggydog1776 on 09/18/07 19:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Toyota Tacoma offers a reliable vehicle, but option packages were not flexible. Wanted cruise control but that only comes with extended cab. Color and other options very limited. Design is cookie cutter. Lots of extra holes in the dash for accessory switches that will never be used and so on. I4 engine is underpowered making it necessary to manually shift between 3rd gear and drive. Cruise control is useless on roads even with slight inclines. The transmission downshifts constantly with a very jerky motion. Driver and passengers are constantly being thrown back and forth. Even slight side winds whip truck around on highway. Fuel economy not even close to what I thought it would be.

Love it!
By Thrasher on 09/13/07 14:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

The ride is surprisingly comfortable and it has all the power I need for passing on two lane roads. To top it off, it's beautiful, inside and out. After a bit of research I find no reason to be concerned about the "plastic" bed.

This is the truck I wanted!
By drjohn on 09/08/07 13:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Having spent over a decade in an S-10 Blazer, I was amazed at the quality of materials, quietness and smoothness of the Tacoma. My son-in-law has an '02 Tacoma that he loves. Driving my '07 is a pleasure. It has a great view of the road, ample power, a smooth-shifting manual 6 speed and ice-cold AC. The seats are comfortable and all of the controls within easy reach. I found the stereo to be more than adequate for my tastes, I'm not an audio snob. The locking rear differential is a nice bonus. I'm looking forward to many years of service from this truck!

Decent, but not what I expected
By Will on 09/06/07 08:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After several very positive experiences with Toyota, I came up with a downer. Quite evident, the more Toyota grows, the more it has taken some quality control out of there vehicles. I have 6k miles on mine and have an off and on noise that happens at 75-80 (dealer can't diagnose 'cause they can only drive it up to 70), front dash rattles, passenger door rattles and has had to be towed as it wouldn't start (Thank God I purchased the extended service plan otherwise I would have been really irked paying for towing on a 3 month old truck). I wouldn't mind a littler better mileage but it's not bad. Power is good for a V6 and comfort is good as well. I still like it but wish it were better.

Good truck, some bugs
By m9431 on 08/25/07 05:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

There's a lot to like with the latest Tacoma truck. Nice interior and the V6 is smooth and powerful. Its size is just right. Issues? The auto trans doesn't seem to shift right. Rear springs are weak (I had to replace and I don't haul anything heavy) or put up with it bottoming out. Front end gets out of alignment easily. Does the PreRunner really need to be be so high off the ground? I'd like better MPG, but at least I can get 20 or better.

Tacoma
By Todd on 08/22/07 17:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is definitely the best vehichle I have ever owned! I highly recommend this truck to everyone. Easy to drive and fun to get behind the wheel. All systems at the touch of a finger tip. I give My truck 10 stars!!

Fantastic Truck
By Brent on 08/18/07 20:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

You would be amazed that this vehicle is a truck and not a car, it drives that well. Excellent handling and more than enough power for the road. I haven't owned a Toyota in years but I'm elated to be back. Great design, fabulous handling as well as great fuel mileage make this truck a must have. Don't be misled by believing that a small size truck will give you better fuel mileage and more economy, this Tacoma Pre-Runner will dish out big truck features and save you money at the pump as well!! Remarkable that they can pull it all off with such a nice sized vehicle that doesn't leave you feeling like you stepped out of a shoe box instead of a roomy substantial truck! Fantastic!

Great Truck!!
By Randoff on 08/17/07 09:18 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Love the truck, just purchased. I am a large guy, 6'2" 250 lbs. has plenty of room, runs great, looking forward to driving this truck. I am sold on Toyota!! Would recommend this to anyone!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.