Used 2007 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Good Truck Tacoma 2wd V6 6m/t
By tslick76

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I think the Toyota Tacoma V6 is great strong Motor and the 6 speed m/t works fine (I find the oil changes very easy to do, I love the location of the oil filter). But, I have had some problems with chipping paint also. Furthermore the seating position is a little low. Also no iPod connection, my company work van has one. Also I wish the Tacoma had pop out wing windows (my 2004 Tacoma did). The Tacoma has great looks and it will be easy to sale. I suggest getting the tow package (6500lbs), the Tacoma is strong and can handle towing and off road driving. Its easy to beat up any truck, but in 10 years this truck will be still on the road (reliable).

Favorite Features

Looks, power being reliable and options are the main selling point to this truck. Also the bed is nice feature with power outlet and cubbie holes.

Suggested Improvements

Seating postion needs some work. Also iPod connection would be great (Toyota web site says the 2009 models have it now, awesome). Also more interior colors (gray/black are getting old). Pop out wing windows.

Best midsize truck on the market
By Kyle

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my '07 Tacoma for a year now and it's the best vehicle purchase I've ever made! It has great power, towing and offroad capability. It is a fun truck to drive on and off road. On the road it drives very smooth. The seats are comfortable and the cab has more room than any other midsize truck that I can think of. It's also Toyota so I know it will last me ages!

Favorite Features

I love the utility bed with the 400w power adapter and the tie down points and the two storage areas. The TRD package is great with the bilstein shocks. I also love the look of the truck and the room.

Suggested Improvements

Toyota should make a model with a sunroof, a rear power window that slides down and add the bluetooth technology and navigation systems.

Typical Toyota
By kjsayers

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Tacoma and 4th Toyota. I knew this was the only truck I was going to buy the only thing was to decide a color (black). There is a lot of storage. The storage under and behind the rear seats is beyond great. The composite bed is much needed. Although it can be slick. The engine power is excellent and after 17K miles I get 21 hwy and 18 mixed driving. I have no complaints except the paint scratches very easy. Toyota needs to address this along with the 17" sport wheels that have a pitting problem in the finish.

Favorite Features

MPG, storage, versitility, ride.

Suggested Improvements

Slick bed, better paint, 4 wheel disc.

Towing converter
By Ray Rounds

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Tacoma; it's fun to drive and I think it gets better gas mileage than rated on freeway driving. The styling is the greatest and the power is great. I probably would get better street mileage if I kept my foot out of it, but I love the power response.

Favorite Features

Power, styling, mileage, and it's more like a family car, with more crash protection (heaven forbid I ever need it), just a great truck.

Great truck poor Toyota service
By RANDY

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great truck, good ride, lots of room for 5 people. I have had some problems with engine valve rattle but Toyota says its normal despite any changes in fuel brands and octane levels. Cannot get any help from Toyota on this issue. I suggest getting an extended warranty because the mfg is no help.

Favorite Features

Easy to use controls. lots of storage, I love not having to get the bed sprayed with liner.

Suggested Improvements

mp3 player plug, built in xm radio, dual climate control air.