Used 2007 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Drive 55 mph & Smile
By Jim

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My best purchase "ever". Drive 80+ miles daily, and recently slowed down to 55 with the cruise control on. Best mpg so far is 26 mpg @ 55 mph! Usually, I'm @ 22-23 mpg, but I consistently drive under 60 mph. Recent valve rattle is a concern and I will check for technical service bulletins. Have not missed an oil change, and it cannot be "normal" for a new engine to rattle! Toyota can be tough, but be persistent and do not accept defects as "normal". I demanded an engine rebuild @ 108,000 miles on a Camry due to an oil sludge problem caused by an engine re-design in order to receive a higher EPA rating for the 2.4L engine. The dealer rebuilt the engine, but it took serious effort.

Exterior fit and finish.

Power seats and automatic door locks

Trans. Rattle
By Trans. Rattle

2007 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the reg. cab 4x4 for utility and reliability. The truck has lived up to my expectation except for the 5 spd manual trans. The trans. has rattled when in neutral since day one. Rattle is tolerable except when A/C compressor is running. Had dealer inspect, but they claim it is normal. If I wanted a truck that rattled I would have saved some money and not bought new. I would not buy this truck again do to this problem. If you are going to buy a Tacoma don't get the 5 spd. I haven't heard anything about the 6spd or auto. There is no point in spending extra money for a Toyota if they are going to build them like Fords in California.

Appearances

Build a transmission that doesn't annoy the heck out of the owners.

Good Truck Tacoma 2wd V6 6m/t
By tslick76

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I think the Toyota Tacoma V6 is great strong Motor and the 6 speed m/t works fine (I find the oil changes very easy to do, I love the location of the oil filter). But, I have had some problems with chipping paint also. Furthermore the seating position is a little low. Also no iPod connection, my company work van has one. Also I wish the Tacoma had pop out wing windows (my 2004 Tacoma did). The Tacoma has great looks and it will be easy to sale. I suggest getting the tow package (6500lbs), the Tacoma is strong and can handle towing and off road driving. Its easy to beat up any truck, but in 10 years this truck will be still on the road (reliable).

Looks, power being reliable and options are the main selling point to this truck. Also the bed is nice feature with power outlet and cubbie holes.

Seating postion needs some work. Also iPod connection would be great (Toyota web site says the 2009 models have it now, awesome). Also more interior colors (gray/black are getting old). Pop out wing windows.

Best midsize truck on the market
By Kyle

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my '07 Tacoma for a year now and it's the best vehicle purchase I've ever made! It has great power, towing and offroad capability. It is a fun truck to drive on and off road. On the road it drives very smooth. The seats are comfortable and the cab has more room than any other midsize truck that I can think of. It's also Toyota so I know it will last me ages!

I love the utility bed with the 400w power adapter and the tie down points and the two storage areas. The TRD package is great with the bilstein shocks. I also love the look of the truck and the room.

Toyota should make a model with a sunroof, a rear power window that slides down and add the bluetooth technology and navigation systems.

Typical Toyota
By kjsayers

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Tacoma and 4th Toyota. I knew this was the only truck I was going to buy the only thing was to decide a color (black). There is a lot of storage. The storage under and behind the rear seats is beyond great. The composite bed is much needed. Although it can be slick. The engine power is excellent and after 17K miles I get 21 hwy and 18 mixed driving. I have no complaints except the paint scratches very easy. Toyota needs to address this along with the 17" sport wheels that have a pitting problem in the finish.

MPG, storage, versitility, ride.

Slick bed, better paint, 4 wheel disc.