2007 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Excellent Small Truck
By Bill on 12/04/07 13:59 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

This has been an excellent small truck to own. No issues to date. Looks better than most of the new cars in work parking lot. Has surprised friends and neighbors (who own larger trucks) IRT how much it can haul. Getting about 20 mpg.

07 Tacoma sport 4x4
By tyler on 11/30/07 11:34 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love this truck! White double cab TRD sport 4x4 long bed. Drives smooth, great off road.

Great Truck!
By Brian on 11/25/07 16:14 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck replaced a 1996 Ranger, and the difference between the two was like night and day. Very comfortable, well laid out interior, solid build (rattle free), and great looking - gets lots of admiring stares. I have so far driven this truck about 7800 miles and have no complaints about its ride or reliability. So far, I am getting about 18 mpg city and 22 hwy.

Must Buy!
By Jon on 11/23/07 09:59 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove a previous model year Tacoma and the difference is night and day. I always wanted one and finally broke down after my last vehicle died. The thing that surprised me the most is the outstanding turning radius. I have put about 13k on it since I got it in December last year and have had no issues. All around this is a reliable, comfortable, sleek, and fun drive. Great acceleration. Great handling. Could not be more happy with any other truck. My friends envy me! :)

Tacoma 5-Speed SR5
By Millsy on 11/16/07 19:55 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first pickup I've owned and I generally have high marks. I imagine it's as capable as any other in its class, and IMO it rides extremely comfortably. One major disappointment is the chintziness inside. My gearshift knob swims in place, while the gearshift itself shimmies endlessly in the front gears (1-3-5). There's also a cheap plastic compartment next to the steering column that doesn't shut properly (and I've never used it). I've also been disappointed by the fuel efficiency. While it reports 23/28, I have yet to get anywhere close to 20 mpg from a tank. From a drive standpoint, the manual 5-speed seems essential for responsive on hills, turns, tough on-ramps, etc.

Great Truck
By rkrdr2 on 11/04/07 04:54 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love everything about this truck. The v6 is a great engine has plenty of torque,and I am getting 20mpg combined w/ mobil 1 in the crank. The ride is good even w/the TRD sport susp. I think the long W/B helps. I have 9k on it and it has not been back to dealer yet. I get compliments everywhere I go. It is a fun truck to drive.

Changed my religion
By Rob D on 11/02/07 00:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I have been a Nissan guy for over 20 years , I decided to give this little Toyota Taco a try. I must say I am very impressed with the all around quality and I am glad I went with a Toyota. Well built, very tight, smooth on the road, not bad pick up for a 4 cyl. getting good mpg.

Problems with Tacoma 4x4 from start
By SharEd on 10/28/07 17:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Makes clunk noise as you pull forward every time (sounds like transmission) and several times we were told that was normal. Now it is being looked at. Brakes squeeled and entire neighborhood laughed at new truck when backing up. Now has squeal in steering when turning either direction and car only has 7200 miles on it. Hate it already. Don't know what will happen next.

2007 V6 Tacoma 4x4 4 door sport L/B
By mark on 10/16/07 11:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

At 6k the LF wheel bearings, front axle and roter needed to be replaced. (never off-road or accident)Cruise control is useless-jumps gears constantly. Mileage OK at consistant 16.5-18 with a canopy. Blows occasional smoke on startup which got a little better with synthetic oil. Watch for sludge build-up on these motors. Check warranty carefully -Toyota will not look at this problem unless you are losing a quart of oil every 1k miles. Fingers crossed mine is not one of these problems. Thank god I had not installed the lift kit and voided the warranty!

Awesome Truck
By Mike D on 10/15/07 19:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 07 Prerunner Access Cab after stepping down from a Chevy 1500 Z71 and I couldn't be happier. While I loved my full size, I love the improved fuel economy and the great pickup my V6 has. It has all the creature comforts you need and is comfortable. I am 6'4" and have no problem being comfortable in the front seat, although I wouldnt recommend the jump seats in the rear for any adult over 6'. Could use a little more padding on the seats, but I love the fold flat feature. Makes it easy to load groceries or bulky items. I love the track system in the bed. Makes it easy to find the best tie down spot for my load. Altogether an excellent buy. Will not be disappointed with this truck.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.