5 Year Tacoma Owner/READ ME!
By 07tacomagirl on
2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
Well, Purchased Feb. 5, 2007.....first of all I LOVE MY TRUCK!!! Sadly, it spends more time at the dealer than I have actually driven it. I have a file on it at least a solid inch thick. Things replaced so far: washer line..started shooting out of the side of my hood, 3 months in blower motor went out, 7,000 miles tire blew...literally came apart, 3 weeks later another tire blew, decided to replaced dunlops, engine rattle started, 14,000 miles brakes, calipers, rotors replaced they couldn't figure out why they wouldn't stop squeeling. 2 years in trans. hits when parked at a stop light. All before 36,000 mile and my list goes on but ran out of room. Im at 75,000 miles but at least its paid!
Favorite Features
The size of it with the long bed is absolutely perfect!! Of course i'm a 5'2" female normal weight :) My dad's 5'10" heavy set and hates that it's too small, he refuses to drive it! It's the biggest little truck you can get in my opinion and I love that it's 4 door/car/truck as my boyfriend calls it. The seats are made out of actual cloth which as you know trucks these days have some new stretch crap that sucks and is uncomfortable. I've moved 2 times with this truck and holds a good amount of stuff. I would recommend this truck to anyone looking for a small truck who could just use a simple little truck to get around. If you can fix trucks buy it if not STAY AWAY or buy auto repair warranty.
Suggested Improvements
fix the loud rattle in my engine, give better gas mileage, replace the horrible slippery bed that everything slides across, especially an ice chest (be prepared to drive slow or have some broken bottles, haha) Paint...PUT SOME MORE, im tired of chipped paint, put some side molding so when people open their door it has something to hit besides putting a gash in my pickup truck, Good tires from the beginning would have been beneficial, IPOD hookup would be fantastic!