Used 2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab Consumer Reviews - 47 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Excellent overall value
By Tren

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab PreRunner 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Having owned Ford long beds, this truck is far superior in every way except power on hills. I chose the I4 Prerun for value reasons and it's lived up its name. Hauling a motorcycle on a hill with the manual tran at 70 was not a problem nor has getting 22-27 (26-7 if you drive speed limit; my overall avg. is 23.5) on the highway for my daily commute. I've driven 8 hours straight (one stop for gas) and enjoyed comfort comparable to the Accord; cruise control is a must! Also, the midrange power from 70-85 has been surprisingly responsive for those days when you're in a rush. IMO, this truck is a long term keeper.

Good gas mileage, build quality, good handling for a truck, storage spaces, comfort, low cabin noise, bed protector, looks.

I added a tonneau cover and K&N air filter. Lund bug shield works great and pops right in. I agree with others about MP3 plug which I may put in next month.

Unpleasant Toyota Experience
By Dirtydog1776

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased this truck to get better mileage than my old 1999 Dodge Dakota. So far gas mileage has been terrible ( I am a careful driver!), the engine is under powered and the rough downshifting on even slight inclines makes the cruise control useless. Ride is spongy, steering is loose, lots of noise from the engine and road.

Appears to be reliable, roomy cab, nice layout, large gas tank.

Work on gas mileage, gear ratio on transmission for smoother shifting, better option packages (Couldn't get my favorite color red or other options I wanted).

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4WD 4 cyl
By jc01

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Everything has been upgraded from what I was used to. Coming from my previous 1999 version of this same truck, the 2007 version is longer, higher, wider, stronger and smarter. I am glad that they have made standard the 4x4 mode being switchable from the dash and also improved rust preventation under the chasis by using thicker steel, other alloys, and rust inhibiting paint. Standard features I would of thought would be extra (bedliner, CD, AC, etc.) There is no comparison out there. Nissan, Ford, Mazda, Dodge, and Chevy can only hope to ever match the quality, dependability, durability, and plain sleek/smart design of the Tacoma. The Toyota Tacoma continues to define the small truck genre.

4drs! Bedliner that is literally a part of the truck, not an after sale afterthought. The adjustible track on the bed to attach bungee cords is really useful. Well designed garage door opener holder. High ground clearance. CD player. Lots of storage space inside and out! Plenty of cup holders.

External audio input jack (for mp3 player)! Those mp3 player to FM transmitter boxes just don't cut it. What is that, a 5 cent part! Toyota needs to make a hybrid and/or electric only performance targeted sports car and truck. Electric motor torque output is much higher than gas motor torque output.

13,000 miles, no problem
By PJ

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

The truck was delivered with everything working correctly and not one mark on the finish. 13,000 miles later everything is still working, no warranty issues to date. The finish does have a few nicks now.

Interior appointments.

Directional stability on interstates isn't the greatest.

X-Runner
By AKnight

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab X-Runner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I absolutely love this truck, although it does lack in some areas for me. Despite having the performance engine and upgrades for a Tacoma, it just doesn't have enough power for me. Also, when I bought my truck the windshield wasn't sealed correctly and it produced very loud whistling at interstate speeds. The local Toyota dealership replaced the entire windshield for free though and now the truck has no problems.

The manual shift 6 speed is very fun to drive with.

I don't like the plastic truck bed, I'd much rather have sheet metal.