Used 2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

13,000 miles, no problem
By PJ

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

The truck was delivered with everything working correctly and not one mark on the finish. 13,000 miles later everything is still working, no warranty issues to date. The finish does have a few nicks now.

Favorite Features

Interior appointments.

Suggested Improvements

Directional stability on interstates isn't the greatest.

X-Runner
By AKnight

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab X-Runner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I absolutely love this truck, although it does lack in some areas for me. Despite having the performance engine and upgrades for a Tacoma, it just doesn't have enough power for me. Also, when I bought my truck the windshield wasn't sealed correctly and it produced very loud whistling at interstate speeds. The local Toyota dealership replaced the entire windshield for free though and now the truck has no problems.

Favorite Features

The manual shift 6 speed is very fun to drive with.

Suggested Improvements

I don't like the plastic truck bed, I'd much rather have sheet metal.

Excellent Small Truck
By Bill

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

This has been an excellent small truck to own. No issues to date. Looks better than most of the new cars in work parking lot. Has surprised friends and neighbors (who own larger trucks) IRT how much it can haul. Getting about 20 mpg.

Favorite Features

Composite bed. Access cab room - can certainly use it for familty around town driving.

Suggested Improvements

MP3/sat radio plug-in would be great. Including a tonneau would be a nice touch.

Tacoma 5-Speed SR5
By Millsy

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first pickup I've owned and I generally have high marks. I imagine it's as capable as any other in its class, and IMO it rides extremely comfortably. One major disappointment is the chintziness inside. My gearshift knob swims in place, while the gearshift itself shimmies endlessly in the front gears (1-3-5). There's also a cheap plastic compartment next to the steering column that doesn't shut properly (and I've never used it). I've also been disappointed by the fuel efficiency. While it reports 23/28, I have yet to get anywhere close to 20 mpg from a tank. From a drive standpoint, the manual 5-speed seems essential for responsive on hills, turns, tough on-ramps, etc.

Favorite Features

The access cab is perfectly handy. My 1-year old daughter loves to ride perfectly secure in her car seat on the passenger side. I love the bed cleats (or whatever they're called)- I'm always sliding them around (very easily) to bungy down different stuff I carry around.

Suggested Improvements

Toyota should shift some focus to the quality of the interior. There are a number of annoying issues and noises that I've had. An MP3 adapter would also be nice.

Great Truck
By rkrdr2

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love everything about this truck. The v6 is a great engine has plenty of torque,and I am getting 20mpg combined w/ mobil 1 in the crank. The ride is good even w/the TRD sport susp. I think the long W/B helps. I have 9k on it and it has not been back to dealer yet. I get compliments everywhere I go. It is a fun truck to drive.

Favorite Features

Engine, 6' bed w/liner, good ride, great looks.

Suggested Improvements

MP3 hook-up. 2 more frame tie downs in the front of bed. Power sliding rear window.