Used 2007 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Front Mud Flap
By haris chandra

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

While driving at speed of just 70 MPH both my mud flaps tore, broke and very expensive to replace.

Should do a recall and install new and better quality of mud flaps.

Little Hauler/Commuter
By Robert C

2007 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

First Toyota truck I've owned. I've owned a Frontier and a Ranger in the past. The Tacoma is a little better than the Frontier and a lot better than the Ranger, if you can get over the price difference. My Access Cab 4 cyl. is good on gas, but is underpowered even with a manual trans. First gear seems to be geared too low and hard to find at times when rolling at lower speeds. The exterior design is OK, with the stock wheels and tires too small for the well area The interior is nicely laid out with plenty of leg room for tall drivers. The radio is a little weak and the access cab area seating is too straight up for a comfortable ride. Overall, quality is good, just needs more 4cyl power.

Front cabin space especially for taller drivers. Composite bed liner with adjustable tie-downs.

Better power from 4 cyl. engine. Better radio sound/volume. Larger stock tires and wheels. More comfortable access cab area by having adjustable/angled back rest.

Spunky little truck
By cardude

2007 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this truck for a little over two years now. Traded in a horrible piece of GM junk (2000 Pontiac firebird), needed a truck as I lived in a very rural area where trucks are a necessity. Reliability has been through the roof, especially compared to all of the GM cars and trucks that we have owned over the years. I went with the absolute base model with auto trans as the only option but fit and finish is still excellent along with a plethora of standard features. It doesn't even feel like a truck with the elegant but tough looking interior and almost car like handling. GM should've taken note long ago or they wouldn't be in such dire straits. Overall I am very pleased.

Ext/Int design, 6 cup holders, 26mpg, lots of storage, paint quality, standard Air and CD player, handling, copious leg and head room, stain proof seats, absolutely no problems at 40K miles, excellent headlight visibility, engine is easy and simple to work on if you do your own servicing.

Smooth out the thrashy and noisy 2.7L, Trans gearing is too low (kills MPG), stock Firestone tires are junk, plastic front bumper fades quickly.

Good Reliable Truck
By bgr

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck brand new over two years ago and I drive it for work every day. The Composite bed is a great feature as well as the power outlet in the bed. I didn't have a generator and it powered some basic items in my house for a couple days after a recent storm. The factory tires ride a little rough but have pretty good reliability. The stereo could be a little better. I love the design on the interior and exterior. Gas mileage is great. I usually average around 21-22 miles per gallon. Towing is ok but my 16' ski boat dogs it down a little. Unfortunately the bed dents easily like my last Tacoma. The front bumper should be chrome instead of plastic as well.

Design, Bed, & Interior Comfort

Better stereo, Bring Chrome Bumpers Back, & Stronger Metal on Truck Bed

Toyota 4 me
By AHDIAMOND

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a Nissan Pathfinder that had a 3.5 litre and never got over 16 mpg. This Toyota gets 20 mpg with a 4.0 litre. I have a TRD package so the bilstein shocks help the ride when I pull my 24 foot boat. The limited slip diff works well on slippery ramps.

sits up high, rides well, put 2009 17" wheels on

Ipod, Leather and full power seat but then you could call it a Lexus.