2007 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Good Truck Tacoma 2wd V6 6m/t
By tslick76 on 08/03/08 08:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I think the Toyota Tacoma V6 is great strong Motor and the 6 speed m/t works fine (I find the oil changes very easy to do, I love the location of the oil filter). But, I have had some problems with chipping paint also. Furthermore the seating position is a little low. Also no iPod connection, my company work van has one. Also I wish the Tacoma had pop out wing windows (my 2004 Tacoma did). The Tacoma has great looks and it will be easy to sale. I suggest getting the tow package (6500lbs), the Tacoma is strong and can handle towing and off road driving. Its easy to beat up any truck, but in 10 years this truck will be still on the road (reliable).

Best midsize truck on the market
By Kyle on 07/16/08 11:02 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my '07 Tacoma for a year now and it's the best vehicle purchase I've ever made! It has great power, towing and offroad capability. It is a fun truck to drive on and off road. On the road it drives very smooth. The seats are comfortable and the cab has more room than any other midsize truck that I can think of. It's also Toyota so I know it will last me ages!

Typical Toyota
By kjsayers on 06/25/08 07:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Tacoma and 4th Toyota. I knew this was the only truck I was going to buy the only thing was to decide a color (black). There is a lot of storage. The storage under and behind the rear seats is beyond great. The composite bed is much needed. Although it can be slick. The engine power is excellent and after 17K miles I get 21 hwy and 18 mixed driving. I have no complaints except the paint scratches very easy. Toyota needs to address this along with the 17" sport wheels that have a pitting problem in the finish.

Towing converter
By Ray Rounds on 06/21/08 09:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Tacoma; it's fun to drive and I think it gets better gas mileage than rated on freeway driving. The styling is the greatest and the power is great. I probably would get better street mileage if I kept my foot out of it, but I love the power response.

Great truck poor Toyota service
By RANDY on 06/18/08 14:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great truck, good ride, lots of room for 5 people. I have had some problems with engine valve rattle but Toyota says its normal despite any changes in fuel brands and octane levels. Cannot get any help from Toyota on this issue. I suggest getting an extended warranty because the mfg is no help.

Great Truck
By Stephen on 05/21/08 12:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a well put together, good gas mileage fun to drive truck. You will not hear a complaint from this owner. I drive typically 160 miles per day and the comfort and reliability are astounding.

Great Truck
By mac240 on 04/18/08 21:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very nice truck with an excellent ride. This is my third Tacoma and by far the best. I use my truck mainly for personal transportation and I bet I represent a large number of buyers. With that in mind Toyota should make available more creature comforts, i.e., power seats, heated mirrors, a sunroof, auto temp and leather seats. The tire monitor system is useless, it only indicates you have low tire pressure but doesn't tell you which tire. The system GM uses gives you a readout of the tire pressure in each tire, a much more useful system. Even with the short comings I'll buy this truck again.

16k mile review
By Mark on 04/18/08 14:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

So, the truck now has 16k miles. Other than the initial axle problem things have been OK. I monitor every tank and the truck was 16 city and 18.5 hwy with canopy until I put new tires on which dropped me 2 mpg (265 70 17) 4wd works flawlessly. The cruise control is still useless-surges gears-and seatbelt and back-up warning quit working. Speaking of tires, despite claims you CAN NOT go wider than 265 without rubbing, even w/ 3" lift unless you replace the rims and sensors-big $$. Smoking problem has cleared with 3rd synthetic oil change - whew.

Reliable, Practical & Fun
By SNM on 04/12/08 09:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Did an immense amount of research before purchasing. It wasn't even close when all was said and done. If you are looking for a 4 door compact pick up this is your baby. 239 hp in the V6 is more than enough, and avg. 19-20 mpg overall. The interior and ride is superior to competetors. The appearance was aesthetically appealing as well. Toyota has a long history of quality reliability. I previously owned Ford and Nissan pick ups, and the Toyota is my favorite by far. I plan on keeping this one for many years.

My little truck
By Moved from GM on 03/11/08 12:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

The truck has done well for me. It has met my expectations to date. The only draw back is the dealer installed cruise control.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.