2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Great Truck
By Stephen on 05/21/08 12:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a well put together, good gas mileage fun to drive truck. You will not hear a complaint from this owner. I drive typically 160 miles per day and the comfort and reliability are astounding.

Great Truck
By mac240 on 04/18/08 21:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very nice truck with an excellent ride. This is my third Tacoma and by far the best. I use my truck mainly for personal transportation and I bet I represent a large number of buyers. With that in mind Toyota should make available more creature comforts, i.e., power seats, heated mirrors, a sunroof, auto temp and leather seats. The tire monitor system is useless, it only indicates you have low tire pressure but doesn't tell you which tire. The system GM uses gives you a readout of the tire pressure in each tire, a much more useful system. Even with the short comings I'll buy this truck again.

16k mile review
By Mark on 04/18/08 14:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

So, the truck now has 16k miles. Other than the initial axle problem things have been OK. I monitor every tank and the truck was 16 city and 18.5 hwy with canopy until I put new tires on which dropped me 2 mpg (265 70 17) 4wd works flawlessly. The cruise control is still useless-surges gears-and seatbelt and back-up warning quit working. Speaking of tires, despite claims you CAN NOT go wider than 265 without rubbing, even w/ 3" lift unless you replace the rims and sensors-big $$. Smoking problem has cleared with 3rd synthetic oil change - whew.

Reliable, Practical & Fun
By SNM on 04/12/08 09:46 AM (PDT)

Did an immense amount of research before purchasing. It wasn't even close when all was said and done. If you are looking for a 4 door compact pick up this is your baby. 239 hp in the V6 is more than enough, and avg. 19-20 mpg overall. The interior and ride is superior to competetors. The appearance was aesthetically appealing as well. Toyota has a long history of quality reliability. I previously owned Ford and Nissan pick ups, and the Toyota is my favorite by far. I plan on keeping this one for many years.

Kept me safe
By Jamboree on 01/24/08 17:28 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am in the process of purchasing an 08. I was hit head on at about 50+ mph. and I walked away. The cab was totally intact. I loved my 07 and can't wait to get my 08. Fun to drive and travel in.

Dream turned nightmare
By Bill on 01/09/08 11:58 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased new 07 Toy to replace a 03 Honda Oddy after much research. Wanted 4 wheel drive. We love driving it when it runs. It has been back to the dealership 4 times and they can't figure out what is wrong. It just will not start. We park it, go to bed and get up in the morning to a truck that won't start. We really like the back country but now we are afraid to go there as we never know whether our toy will run or not. This is our 4th Tacoma, so we thought we were getting quality.

Top Notch
By goodhands83 on 12/17/07 21:12 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking at the Frontier and the Tacoma. I decided on the Tacoma because of the superior space in the rear seat and Toyota's responsible tradition of workmanship and durability. Not sure if it matters but the battery is huge. I have a double cab short box SR5 Off Road Package and there is plenty of room for adults in the rear seat. As for the problem mentioned by the Editors of this site regarding the low seats, it took my lower back 2 weeks to get used to it but now I love it, all good things take some getting used to. The truck handles great off-road, better than I imagined. This truck is a small tank! It handles curbs at 30-40mph no problem ! oops!

2007 Double Cab TRD 'Taco
By Ut Taco on 12/13/07 21:26 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a perfect truck. After owning two Mazda "Rangers" and selling my beloved Jeep Cherokee I vowed to buy a full size truck until I took a spin in the '07 Tacoma. I love this truck. The V6 that gets knocked for being loud is music to my ears. The first 2000 miles on the truck were on a trip to Moab and the truck did not disappoint. It is a joy to drive on and off road. The TRD suspension is more than a cool sticker, it really works. The truck has plenty of room for the wife and two kids. The dealer even installed a 2.5" lift (sold!). This truck is rugged, solid and fast. 7,500 miles (at least 800 off road) and no problems. Did I say I like my truck?

Transmission & Tire Pressure Sensors
By Raymond8 on 12/11/07 11:35 AM (PST)

My 4-dr, 6 cyl, 5.0 was great until I hit 30K miles. Started having "slipping" or transmission problems. Took it in for servicing & got the standard, "cannot recreate issue." Also, the Tire Pressure Sensor (TPS) system light comes on for no apparent reason, tire pressure is OK - 3rd time this has happened in 1.5 years. VERY disappointed in Toyota... was hoping to have this truck for 8+ years. Probably going to sell ASAP.

07 Tacoma sport 4x4
By tyler on 11/30/07 11:34 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love this truck! White double cab TRD sport 4x4 long bed. Drives smooth, great off road.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.