Used 2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

A great truck
By Jared

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck new. I am an artist and have a lot to move. I have moved 3 times using the truck and love it. The economy is good for a truck, especially on my long freeway drives. I was in an accident in the truck and was very safe. It is a wonderful truck

I love the access cab doors that fold out and the moving tie downs!

Great truck!
By Ted

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Only thing I would have to change is the paint. Drives like a charm, reliability and drivetrain performance is great. Overall really happy with the truck.

V-6 is a lot faster than I thought, controls great, lots of room.

Just the paint needs better quality, and speakers chatter if bass is too high.

Reliable but not perfect
By Dave

It's a jack of all trades vehicle. Plenty of room for the kids. Hauls all my stuff. Decent mileage for commuting. Has a somewhat bouncy ride but it's a truck and truth be told does ride better than most other trucks I have ridden in. Has really light and easy steering. Real easy to drive. The transmission is a dream. Smooth shifting and usually grabs just the right gear. You can slap the stick for quick acceleration. Tows my boat very easily.

Reliability and drivetrain performance.

Front seat headrests push against the back of your head. Adjustable tilt headrest would be great. You cannot take a drink from a water bottle without turning your head sideways. I had to turn the darn things around backwards. The steering is wimpy and gets pushed around by wind.

Decent Truck
By Mike

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall it's a nice truck. Very comfortable, good power and lots of features. The stock suspension would bottom out with a load (400 lb motorcycle in the bed) but there is a service bulletin out to upgrade the suspension if you actually use it as a truck. Gas mileage could be a little better. I average 16-17 MPG, mixed driving and topped out at 20.

Exterior styling, sliding rear window, bucket seats, behind the seat storage for rear seats, under-rail sliding tie- down system and traction control.

Auxiliary input jack, heavy tie-downs in the front of the bed, 4 wheel disc brakes (rear drums seem to get sticky when cold/wet)

2007 Tacoma Short Bed 4 Door 4wd
By John M.

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased a replacement for my 2001 Jeep Wrangler intending to do better than 12 mpg. The Toyota delivers about 18 mpg highway (thanks to the terrible new corn fuels that are terrible for the environment anyway) and 12 mpg city. After about 7 months of ownership, my check engine light came on. $6,500 worth of warranty work and 4 trips later, it is off. My dealer kindly loaned me a fully loaded Avalon to drive in the mean-time. I hate the plastic bed, but I'm certain the decreased weight saves on gas mileage. The looks are ok, I prefer 4th generation Tacomas (2001-2004) over the 5th. Paint chips like crazy on my silver model. The painted plastic bumpers, etc are a bad idea.

Best fuel mileage in class. Not a "Big Three" vehicle but made in the US. Very quiet interior and good comfort.

We'll never have cars and trucks like they made 15-20 years ago will we?