Used 2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Front Mud Flap
By haris chandra

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

While driving at speed of just 70 MPH both my mud flaps tore, broke and very expensive to replace.

Should do a recall and install new and better quality of mud flaps.

Good Reliable Truck
By bgr

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck brand new over two years ago and I drive it for work every day. The Composite bed is a great feature as well as the power outlet in the bed. I didn't have a generator and it powered some basic items in my house for a couple days after a recent storm. The factory tires ride a little rough but have pretty good reliability. The stereo could be a little better. I love the design on the interior and exterior. Gas mileage is great. I usually average around 21-22 miles per gallon. Towing is ok but my 16' ski boat dogs it down a little. Unfortunately the bed dents easily like my last Tacoma. The front bumper should be chrome instead of plastic as well.

Design, Bed, & Interior Comfort

Better stereo, Bring Chrome Bumpers Back, & Stronger Metal on Truck Bed

Toyota 4 me
By AHDIAMOND

I had a Nissan Pathfinder that had a 3.5 litre and never got over 16 mpg. This Toyota gets 20 mpg with a 4.0 litre. I have a TRD package so the bilstein shocks help the ride when I pull my 24 foot boat. The limited slip diff works well on slippery ramps.

sits up high, rides well, put 2009 17" wheels on

Ipod, Leather and full power seat but then you could call it a Lexus.

Disappointed with my Taco
By MyTacoBites

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'll start by saying that I've owned many Toyotas over the years and have been very satisfied with every one but this one. After 18k miles the engine began to knock loudly (piston wobble) and the tranny will kick after every stop (driveline lash). These traits all called "normal" by Toyota. These trucks do not represent the quality the brand has developed through the years. If you can live with a truck that makes a nasty knock at idle, shifts through the auto gearbox after a stop...only to thump you after finally finding first gear, chasing wheel balance due to the hub offset being whacked and always having steering wheel shimmy; this might be the truck for you.

The truck looks great and initial quality was super. Good power and nice driving character. The back seat is usable. Good towing capacity.

Larger piston skirts/better fitment, fix wheel balance issues, more sound deadening in roof (very loud in rain), cargo light, better flex control in bed, refine driveline design, tailgate lock, seat material stains/snags easily, higher/ adjustable seat position, armrest cargo that opens from front.

A great truck
By Jared

I bought this truck new. I am an artist and have a lot to move. I have moved 3 times using the truck and love it. The economy is good for a truck, especially on my long freeway drives. I was in an accident in the truck and was very safe. It is a wonderful truck

I love the access cab doors that fold out and the moving tie downs!