2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Changed my religion
By Rob D on 11/02/07 00:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I have been a Nissan guy for over 20 years , I decided to give this little Toyota Taco a try. I must say I am very impressed with the all around quality and I am glad I went with a Toyota. Well built, very tight, smooth on the road, not bad pick up for a 4 cyl. getting good mpg.

Problems with Tacoma 4x4 from start
By SharEd on 10/28/07 17:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Makes clunk noise as you pull forward every time (sounds like transmission) and several times we were told that was normal. Now it is being looked at. Brakes squeeled and entire neighborhood laughed at new truck when backing up. Now has squeal in steering when turning either direction and car only has 7200 miles on it. Hate it already. Don't know what will happen next.

Awesome Truck
By Mike D on 10/15/07 19:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 07 Prerunner Access Cab after stepping down from a Chevy 1500 Z71 and I couldn't be happier. While I loved my full size, I love the improved fuel economy and the great pickup my V6 has. It has all the creature comforts you need and is comfortable. I am 6'4" and have no problem being comfortable in the front seat, although I wouldnt recommend the jump seats in the rear for any adult over 6'. Could use a little more padding on the seats, but I love the fold flat feature. Makes it easy to load groceries or bulky items. I love the track system in the bed. Makes it easy to find the best tie down spot for my load. Altogether an excellent buy. Will not be disappointed with this truck.

2007 Tacoma PreRunner
By kpri101 on 09/26/07 18:30 PM (PDT)

I've only had it a few days but after driving a 6 cyl. manual Ford F150 for 4 years this is a godsend. I bought an '07 Tacoma PreRunner with the TRD off road package. It has been an exceptional truck and I've had several of my neighbors/co-workers comment on it. I think I made the right decision. The Indigo-blue looks outstanding. It beats the Ford F150 6 cyl. into the ground for power.

Reliability but not much style
By Shaggydog1776 on 09/18/07 19:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Toyota Tacoma offers a reliable vehicle, but option packages were not flexible. Wanted cruise control but that only comes with extended cab. Color and other options very limited. Design is cookie cutter. Lots of extra holes in the dash for accessory switches that will never be used and so on. I4 engine is underpowered making it necessary to manually shift between 3rd gear and drive. Cruise control is useless on roads even with slight inclines. The transmission downshifts constantly with a very jerky motion. Driver and passengers are constantly being thrown back and forth. Even slight side winds whip truck around on highway. Fuel economy not even close to what I thought it would be.

This is the truck I wanted!
By drjohn on 09/08/07 13:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Having spent over a decade in an S-10 Blazer, I was amazed at the quality of materials, quietness and smoothness of the Tacoma. My son-in-law has an '02 Tacoma that he loves. Driving my '07 is a pleasure. It has a great view of the road, ample power, a smooth-shifting manual 6 speed and ice-cold AC. The seats are comfortable and all of the controls within easy reach. I found the stereo to be more than adequate for my tastes, I'm not an audio snob. The locking rear differential is a nice bonus. I'm looking forward to many years of service from this truck!

Tacoma
By Todd on 08/22/07 17:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is definitely the best vehichle I have ever owned! I highly recommend this truck to everyone. Easy to drive and fun to get behind the wheel. All systems at the touch of a finger tip. I give My truck 10 stars!!

A good small truck
By Bill on 06/13/07 17:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

The acceleration for this 4 cyl auto (SR-5) is very good. I had no trouble, without a heavy load, getting on the highway. The top speed I was able to get it to was 95 mph. I like the overall layout of the vehicle with the small storage area under the rear seats and in the cargo area. The seat and steering adjustments made the vehicle very comfortable to ride in and I had no trouble seeing out the vehicle in all directions. The vehicle's controls are all easy to get to and the radio was simple to operate.

One awesome truck!!
By jaggy9 on 05/30/07 11:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at many different makes in switching back to a truck from cars and SUVs the past 6 years, and the Tacoma was hands down the best. I was looking for a 4 cyl 4x4 that could handle the everyday drive, some off-roading, and some light hauling. This more than meets my needs, and it's the best looking one out there! The build quality is amazing. It's one of the most solid feeling vehicles I've owned (car or truck). The bigger interior in the last redesign is amazing. I went with the Indigo Ink, SR5 package, and tire upgrade. Love the ground clearance and cannot wait to test this out off-road. MPG have been 21.7 for all city driving. Looking forward to many years of driving my Taco!

First Toyota
By ebrown on 05/21/07 04:52 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Toyota and after having Fords, Chevys and Jeeps. This is the best built vehicle I have owned. It feels like a well built truck. I test drove a Ford Ranger, Nissan Frontier, Chevy Colorado and none feel as tight as the Tacoma.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.