Used 2007 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tacoma

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

fuel mileage
By Peter Beyrodt

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am a Canadian, and my window sticker said 29.0 mpg highway. After having several repairs done and two years later my best mileage achieved was approx 20.0 mpg highway. The dealership looked into it and said nothing was wrong even though I had black soot all over the rear quarter panel and all down the side of my boat when I towed it. After furthering my request to fix the lousy mileage I was receiving to Toyota Canada, I was informed the vehicle ran fine and they would not pursue the problem further. I sold it after just two years and bought a full size Sierra and now get much better mileage. Toyota didn't give a damn about me as a customer. P Beyrodt

Suggested Improvements

We also purchased a 2008 Honda Accord EX instead of a Camry because Toyota doesn't care about its customers after they have your money. Suggest you treat people better and they may buy from you again. Shame on Toyota

Superior reliability and performance
By Scuba

2007 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This being my second Tacoma X-Runner I must say that this is without a doubt the funnest truck i have ever owned and considering the fact that my girlfriend and the children always want to take the truck over the Camry has to mean something. We have never had a problem with this truck. Also pulls the boat and jet skis well within the weight limits. Well designed and executed truck. Thanks Toyota associates.

Favorite Features

I would have to say the 6-Speed manual trans and bilstein suspension make this truck a dream to drive (good tires are a must) the potenzas work great. In addition the 4.0 liter V6 performs well. just enough power to fit reasonable needs.

Suggested Improvements

The road noise was something that i had to get used to not unbearable but was a little annoying at first. I would suggest better sound insulation from the exterior to the interior of the cab.

Great Truck, But...
By kpri101

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

It looks great. It's fun to drive. It's not very comfortable. It gets awful gas mileage. It has junky breaks. It has cheap paint. It doesn't offer an Mp3 adapter...even 5 years after its introduction...come on Toyota, what's the problem? No sunrooof option, that's a no brainer. Ok, that's enough. I still like my truck but next time around I'll be a little more picky.

Not Bad, still probably the best
By wolfstar

2007 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

This truck was purchased new in March of 07. It sees at least 8 miles of washboard roads daily, sometimes up to 40, in a very rural, desert environment it has performed well. The only failures have been the horn, and the radiator bolts fell out before 2300 miles. I replaced the horn with an aftermarket unit. The radiator was fixed by the dealer. When it is cold, the transmission is a little clunky till it warms up. Lots of gear noise from the transmission and rear end. The engine works fine, and has done well with 3/4 ton of stone in the bed. The stock Firestone tires stink The Speedometer/odometer is off by 4% this was remedied by replacing the sock 215/70/15 tires with 235/75/15.

Favorite Features

Base model standard Tachometer and tilt wheel. The steno is ok, better with an add on subwoofer. Love the tiedown setup in the bed, very practical.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission and rear end are as noisy as the 30 year old Ford F100/Explorer Pickup I used to drive. A 6 speed on the 4 banger manual would make for a better city vehicle.

What more do you want
By BC Toyota

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Fabulous truck!! This Toyota I've owned now for 2.5 years and it hasn't let me down once and the mileage is fabulous!! It took until about 17,000 miles for the engine to feel like it's broken in, now that it has I'm getting 17.5 around town with a very short driving distance to and from work and on the highway I'm getting up to 30!! Yes that's not a typo 30 with a V 6 , 4.0 liter engine, that's remarkable!! I have a sport model with the stiffer ride but this truck handles like a dream and has a ton of power, step on the gas and off you go!

Favorite Features

Huge power and exceptional handling coupled with a roomy cab and tremendous towing capacity all coupled with super great fuel mileage considering engine size.

Suggested Improvements

Honestly I've owned a couple of trucks and several cars and all of them I would have made changes, with this none!