2007 Toyota Tacoma 4.0L V6 5-speed Automatic 6.1 ft. Bed Consumer Review - 2007 Access Cab

2007 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

2007 Access Cab
By Brian on

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall great truck. First new truck I have purchased and so far, no major disappointments. Ride gets a little "squirrely" when driving on grooved concrete highway, doesn't seem to stay on track. Ride gets bouncy when empty, but not sure what happens when it is loaded. So far, I've only driven it empty. My old truck was a full-size crew cab, and this is a welcome change when buying fuel. So far, getting around 21 mpg, and haven't used cruise control yet. I'm hoping to improve to about 23 mpg. Plenty of power, but I haven't really tested it yet (still in break in). I'm getting used to the shift configuration, and should have it down soon, but it is not what I'm familiar with.

Favorite Features

Smooth shifting 5-speed transmission. Fold-back side mirrors. Sun visors with extensions.

Suggested Improvements

E-brake release by hand, not foot. Greater adjustment in tilt steering so I don't hit my knees when entering. Chrome front bumper on PreRunner. Painted composite bumper gets scratched too easily. Access cab door opening more than 90 degrees when open.