Used 2007 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tacoma

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport
By Mike Summes

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This truck is a typical well built, reliable vehicle from Toyota. I just got out of a full size P/U and I'm confident this 07 Tacoma will perform as well or better than my full size one.

Favorite Features

Manuverability, reputation and quality that seems to be built into every Toyota made.

Suggested Improvements

Front seats could be just a little more comfortable, especially for people with long legs, but overall I'm completely satisfied.

2007 Tacoma PreRunner
By kpri101

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've only had it a few days but after driving a 6 cyl. manual Ford F150 for 4 years this is a godsend. I bought an '07 Tacoma PreRunner with the TRD off road package. It has been an exceptional truck and I've had several of my neighbors/co-workers comment on it. I think I made the right decision. The Indigo-blue looks outstanding. It beats the Ford F150 6 cyl. into the ground for power.

Favorite Features

On top of the great appearance the PreRunner has, it also has numerous high points. Everything fits.

Suggested Improvements

Offer an aux port on the radio for iPod/MP3 players. Hey, everybody else has them, get with the program! Second, a sunroof would make this the ultimate truck on the marked. Third, a locking tail gate should be standard!

Reliability but not much style
By Shaggydog1776

2007 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Toyota Tacoma offers a reliable vehicle, but option packages were not flexible. Wanted cruise control but that only comes with extended cab. Color and other options very limited. Design is cookie cutter. Lots of extra holes in the dash for accessory switches that will never be used and so on. I4 engine is underpowered making it necessary to manually shift between 3rd gear and drive. Cruise control is useless on roads even with slight inclines. The transmission downshifts constantly with a very jerky motion. Driver and passengers are constantly being thrown back and forth. Even slight side winds whip truck around on highway. Fuel economy not even close to what I thought it would be.

Favorite Features

Reliable but plain. Lots of cup holders, jump seats are comfortable even for adults. Seats are comfortable. Build in bed liner. Controls well laid out

Suggested Improvements

Offer more colors and options. A bit noisy on highway. Improve power and fuel economy on 4 cylinder. Dealer claims truck can tow a 3500 pound load, but I doubt that very much.

Love it!
By Thrasher

2007 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

The ride is surprisingly comfortable and it has all the power I need for passing on two lane roads. To top it off, it's beautiful, inside and out. After a bit of research I find no reason to be concerned about the "plastic" bed.

Favorite Features

Excellent turning ratio. Smart passenger airbags.

Suggested Improvements

No easy way to hook my iPod into the speaker system. Upholstery and seat covers could be more user friendly. The plastic side opening tool box I planned to buy is incompatible with the Tacoma.

This is the truck I wanted!
By drjohn

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Having spent over a decade in an S-10 Blazer, I was amazed at the quality of materials, quietness and smoothness of the Tacoma. My son-in-law has an '02 Tacoma that he loves. Driving my '07 is a pleasure. It has a great view of the road, ample power, a smooth-shifting manual 6 speed and ice-cold AC. The seats are comfortable and all of the controls within easy reach. I found the stereo to be more than adequate for my tastes, I'm not an audio snob. The locking rear differential is a nice bonus. I'm looking forward to many years of service from this truck!

Favorite Features

V6 and 6 speed manual combo, locking rear differential, overall style, fit and finish are first rate. Good storage space in Axcess cab. Great ergonomics!

Suggested Improvements

Gauges can be a bit difficult to see at certain times of the day. 12V accessory jacks only work when engine is on. Cruise controls are a bit awkward. A leather seating option and sunroof option would be nice.