Used 2007 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Most Helpful|
Beats my Cavalier
By G.L. in Indiana

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck has exceeded my expectations. Excellent power, torque and 4WD function for this size vehicle in standard highway environment hazards ,i.e. snow, ice, rain. I have not been off road with it but it does tow boats effortlessly. Solid, somewhat noisy ride, but delivers the mileage advertised on the sticker which is great .

Favorite Features

4.0 V6 VVI motor is a torque machine and a smooth runner. All the motor this truck will ever need and matches gearing perfectly with the locking rear differential and 4WD.

Suggested Improvements

Only issue I have is with the tilt/telescoping steering column that for some reason just isn't right for ingress, egress of the vehicle. Rear disc brakes would be nice too!

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4WD 4 cyl
By jc01

2007 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Everything has been upgraded from what I was used to. Coming from my previous 1999 version of this same truck, the 2007 version is longer, higher, wider, stronger and smarter. I am glad that they have made standard the 4x4 mode being switchable from the dash and also improved rust preventation under the chasis by using thicker steel, other alloys, and rust inhibiting paint. Standard features I would of thought would be extra (bedliner, CD, AC, etc.) There is no comparison out there. Nissan, Ford, Mazda, Dodge, and Chevy can only hope to ever match the quality, dependability, durability, and plain sleek/smart design of the Tacoma. The Toyota Tacoma continues to define the small truck genre.

Favorite Features

4drs! Bedliner that is literally a part of the truck, not an after sale afterthought. The adjustible track on the bed to attach bungee cords is really useful. Well designed garage door opener holder. High ground clearance. CD player. Lots of storage space inside and out! Plenty of cup holders.

Suggested Improvements

External audio input jack (for mp3 player)! Those mp3 player to FM transmitter boxes just don't cut it. What is that, a 5 cent part! Toyota needs to make a hybrid and/or electric only performance targeted sports car and truck. Electric motor torque output is much higher than gas motor torque output.

Great Truck, But...
By kpri101

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

It looks great. It's fun to drive. It's not very comfortable. It gets awful gas mileage. It has junky breaks. It has cheap paint. It doesn't offer an Mp3 adapter...even 5 years after its introduction...come on Toyota, what's the problem? No sunrooof option, that's a no brainer. Ok, that's enough. I still like my truck but next time around I'll be a little more picky.

I want my '97 Taco back!
By mph66

2007 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I *hate* this truck. My '97 Taco got better mileage. I have an up/down hilly commute of 7 1/2 miles per day, each way. I hypermile by coasting down hills, and still, the best I can eke out is 24 mpg. They took the same spec. 4 cyl. engine from the '97 Taco and put it into the huge, bulky body of the 2007 access cab. This thing labors up the slightest of inclines. I don't need a "full size pickup" to compensate for something else. The smaller truck was fine for going to Home Depot or the transfer station. My manhood was not threatened, yet for some reason, it seems that Toyota's masculinity was somehow called into question. I want my old truck back!

Favorite Features

The radio, but then, I put that in myself, replacing the factory stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Go back to the old body style, or stop offering a 4 cyl. engine in your trucks, Toyota. Just admit that you've ceased to be a company that made its fortune catering to an American public concerned about the price of conspicuous fuel consumption. I will never buy another Toyota product. I am completely disappointed in this vehicle. Armrests are entirely uncomfortable on long trips- hurts the elbows.

Worst mistake I made was selling it.
By nuvabey

2007 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

The title should say it all. I got antsy and sold my Taco for a sports car. Huge mistake. This truck was near perfect. That transmission rattle you hear? Don't let some whack job mechanic tell you you need a whole new clutch a flywheel. It just sounds like that. In town I'd get no less than 22-23 mpg. And that was usually 16 miles round trip at 40 mph or less. I drive a Challenger R/T now and if someone said they'd swap me for my Tacoma again, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Favorite Features

MPG (not bad for 4WD, heavy body and not exactly a powerful motor), ride, drivability, maneuverability.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe add an aux jack to all trim levels.