Used 2007 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tacoma

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Excellent Small Truck
By Bill

2007 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

This has been an excellent small truck to own. No issues to date. Looks better than most of the new cars in work parking lot. Has surprised friends and neighbors (who own larger trucks) IRT how much it can haul. Getting about 20 mpg.

Favorite Features

Composite bed. Access cab room - can certainly use it for familty around town driving.

Suggested Improvements

MP3/sat radio plug-in would be great. Including a tonneau would be a nice touch.

07 Tacoma sport 4x4
By tyler

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love this truck! White double cab TRD sport 4x4 long bed. Drives smooth, great off road.

Suggested Improvements

Tailgate lock? I added a poplock for $20, and it works fine.

Great Truck!
By Brian

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck replaced a 1996 Ranger, and the difference between the two was like night and day. Very comfortable, well laid out interior, solid build (rattle free), and great looking - gets lots of admiring stares. I have so far driven this truck about 7800 miles and have no complaints about its ride or reliability. So far, I am getting about 18 mpg city and 22 hwy.

Favorite Features

Appearance, sport driver seat, layout of gauges, bed tie downs, storage boxes in beds to hold tie-down straps when not in use, under rear seat cargo boxes.

Suggested Improvements

Rear seat could use a little more leg room, stock stereo is weak. If you are ordering, get the best stereo offered.

Must Buy!
By Jon

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove a previous model year Tacoma and the difference is night and day. I always wanted one and finally broke down after my last vehicle died. The thing that surprised me the most is the outstanding turning radius. I have put about 13k on it since I got it in December last year and have had no issues. All around this is a reliable, comfortable, sleek, and fun drive. Great acceleration. Great handling. Could not be more happy with any other truck. My friends envy me! :)

Favorite Features

Even though I have a base model with no options on it, it does not bother me, and I am all about options! It has everything you need. Favorite thing about the truck is that it has a lot of room inside. Even sitting in the back is more comfortable than most cars. Feels like a full size vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a little more horse power. There is plenty, but when you are towing heavy loads it can be difficult going up hills or keeping speed. Also, better sound system. It is a lot better than my wife's '07 Mazda's system. There is plenty of treble, not enough bass without blowing out the speakers.

Tacoma 5-Speed SR5
By Millsy

2007 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first pickup I've owned and I generally have high marks. I imagine it's as capable as any other in its class, and IMO it rides extremely comfortably. One major disappointment is the chintziness inside. My gearshift knob swims in place, while the gearshift itself shimmies endlessly in the front gears (1-3-5). There's also a cheap plastic compartment next to the steering column that doesn't shut properly (and I've never used it). I've also been disappointed by the fuel efficiency. While it reports 23/28, I have yet to get anywhere close to 20 mpg from a tank. From a drive standpoint, the manual 5-speed seems essential for responsive on hills, turns, tough on-ramps, etc.

Favorite Features

The access cab is perfectly handy. My 1-year old daughter loves to ride perfectly secure in her car seat on the passenger side. I love the bed cleats (or whatever they're called)- I'm always sliding them around (very easily) to bungy down different stuff I carry around.

Suggested Improvements

Toyota should shift some focus to the quality of the interior. There are a number of annoying issues and noises that I've had. An MP3 adapter would also be nice.