Used 2007 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews - 136 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tacoma

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Great Truck
By mac240

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very nice truck with an excellent ride. This is my third Tacoma and by far the best. I use my truck mainly for personal transportation and I bet I represent a large number of buyers. With that in mind Toyota should make available more creature comforts, i.e., power seats, heated mirrors, a sunroof, auto temp and leather seats. The tire monitor system is useless, it only indicates you have low tire pressure but doesn't tell you which tire. The system GM uses gives you a readout of the tire pressure in each tire, a much more useful system. Even with the short comings I'll buy this truck again.

Style, power, ride, storage areas.

Heated mirrors, aux stereo jack, power driver seat, larger and louder turn signal indicators, fog light indicator, trip computer, auto up power windows, full time power outlet, more 12vdc outlets, and some type of ambient lighting on the front part of the console.

16k mile review
By Mark

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

So, the truck now has 16k miles. Other than the initial axle problem things have been OK. I monitor every tank and the truck was 16 city and 18.5 hwy with canopy until I put new tires on which dropped me 2 mpg (265 70 17) 4wd works flawlessly. The cruise control is still useless-surges gears-and seatbelt and back-up warning quit working. Speaking of tires, despite claims you CAN NOT go wider than 265 without rubbing, even w/ 3" lift unless you replace the rims and sensors-big $$. Smoking problem has cleared with 3rd synthetic oil change - whew.

Extremely comfortable, great torque, acceleration and visibility. Great body styling-this is a big "small" truck

MP3 plug, lights on the door and window switches for pm driving. Ability to put wider tires on without replacing rims. Actually provide the tow converter that's stated free with the truck rather than charging for it ($18)

Reliable, Practical & Fun
By SNM

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Did an immense amount of research before purchasing. It wasn't even close when all was said and done. If you are looking for a 4 door compact pick up this is your baby. 239 hp in the V6 is more than enough, and avg. 19-20 mpg overall. The interior and ride is superior to competetors. The appearance was aesthetically appealing as well. Toyota has a long history of quality reliability. I previously owned Ford and Nissan pick ups, and the Toyota is my favorite by far. I plan on keeping this one for many years.

Design, smooth engine, power to mpg ratio.

Driver seat could use improvement in ergonomics for long trips.

My little truck
By Moved from GM

2007 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

The truck has done well for me. It has met my expectations to date. The only draw back is the dealer installed cruise control.

Good gas mileage, and a well thought out bed tie down system.

Toyota needs to redesign the dealer add on cruise control. You have to hold the control, and many times it doesn't set. I would not have purchased this item if I knew how poorly it performs.

Excellent overall value
By Tren

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Having owned Ford long beds, this truck is far superior in every way except power on hills. I chose the I4 Prerun for value reasons and it's lived up its name. Hauling a motorcycle on a hill with the manual tran at 70 was not a problem nor has getting 22-27 (26-7 if you drive speed limit; my overall avg. is 23.5) on the highway for my daily commute. I've driven 8 hours straight (one stop for gas) and enjoyed comfort comparable to the Accord; cruise control is a must! Also, the midrange power from 70-85 has been surprisingly responsive for those days when you're in a rush. IMO, this truck is a long term keeper.

Good gas mileage, build quality, good handling for a truck, storage spaces, comfort, low cabin noise, bed protector, looks.

I added a tonneau cover and K&N air filter. Lund bug shield works great and pops right in. I agree with others about MP3 plug which I may put in next month.