2007 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
2007 Access Cab
By Brian on 04/02/07 22:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall great truck. First new truck I have purchased and so far, no major disappointments. Ride gets a little "squirrely" when driving on grooved concrete highway, doesn't seem to stay on track. Ride gets bouncy when empty, but not sure what happens when it is loaded. So far, I've only driven it empty. My old truck was a full-size crew cab, and this is a welcome change when buying fuel. So far, getting around 21 mpg, and haven't used cruise control yet. I'm hoping to improve to about 23 mpg. Plenty of power, but I haven't really tested it yet (still in break in). I'm getting used to the shift configuration, and should have it down soon, but it is not what I'm familiar with.

Best mid-size truck available
By iambigdan on 03/18/07 21:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I replaced my 12 yr old Toyota pickup with an 07 Tacoma double cab TRD Sport longbed. Nothing wrong with my old truck, just wanted something bigger and with more options/power. Only had it a month but I can tell I will be driving for many years. Decent power, smooth ride. Only problem I had was fitting it in my garage.

Quality Truck
By GB on 03/17/07 05:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I traded my defective Chevrolet Colorado in on a new Tacoma after GM wouldn't stand behind their product. I wish I would have looked at the Tacoma 2 years ago. The interior quality beats Chevy hands down, as does the ride and lack of road noise. There is also no comparison of the stereo system, Toyota beats Chevy without question. The mileage on the 2.7 4 cyl. 4X4 Tacoma has been fantastic. The mileage during the first 3000 miles has been 23 - 24 mpg with about 50% highway driving. I am very happy with my Tacoma.

This is gonna be fun to own.
By Dick Hertz on 03/15/07 17:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Picked up my new Tacoma this week and it's quite a truck. Loads of standard equipment. Love the extra doors on the access cab. Terrific factory stereo. Smooooth transmission. Plenty of power for my needs. Sold my old Tacoma SR-5 with 170K trouble free miles to get the new one. It took all of 3 hrs. from the time I placed the ad until the cash was in hand. If this new truck works out as well as the old one, I'll be a happy camper. Don't know why you'd consider any other small truck.

Best Compact Truck
By Troy on 03/12/07 10:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my new truck, 4dr 4WD 6cyl 5spd Auto, with Off Road Suspension Pkg and Tow Pkg (6500lbs). Ride/suspension is better than anything I would expect from a truck. Very quick when needed and haven't climbed with it yet but plenty of torque @ 266 ft lbs. Quiet smooth ride, great steering/ handling/ shift and great sound system w/upgrd stereo/6cd + subwfr. Plenty of front and back legroom. Quality vs. cost = great value. 18/21 mpg! If you want a compact truck w 4wd, plenty of space, hp, tow capacity, mpg, and quality then Tacoma is best choice for a few 1000 more.

New Truck
By swiss123 on 03/11/07 19:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I moved from a Ford Ranger to a brand new Toyota Tacoma. Much more room and cargo space then the Ranger. Seems to have more acceleration power even with same size engine. Just feels better put together.

2007 Toyota Tacoma
By Matt on 03/10/07 10:24 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Precisely what you should look for in a mid-size. Truck feel but car comfort. Plenty of power for highway acceleration. Gives full-size general duty for V6 gas mileage (20.5 mostly highway driving). Great utility constuction truck!

Love this truck
By Mike on 03/02/07 05:30 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

After having a Chevy S-10 and always wanting a Toyota, I can not be happier. I recently pulled a U-Haul trailer from PA to Florida, it made it seem like I had nothing on the back. My bud, pulled the same with an S-10. I pretty much could have dusted him. He had problems with hills, and I didn't. I also got better gas mileage, which is always a plus. I just like having a truck, even though this is the smaller model, it still rocks, has great power for a little engine. This is my second Toyota, I will never again own anything else.

A Woman's Opinion
By LtH on 02/27/07 19:43 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm very satisfied with the Taco, lives up to the reviews, and would buy it all over again. The visibility is great, and 5 adults fit comfortably. It feels solid, and handles well both on streets & freeways. My goals were to get a vehicle with better than average reliability that rode a little higher off the ground and the Taco fit the bill as a great investment. I'm a happy first time Toyota owner & first time truck owner.

07 4-dr 2wd Taco
By DS07Taco on 02/27/07 06:21 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Drives quiet and smooth, brakes seem a little soft; occasional "surge" at stop with foot on brake pedal, but nothing major. Great ergonomics and functionality in interior; bed is well designed/functional; lots of good standard features. Overall, a very good value for the price.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.