2007 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Great, Dependable Vehicle
By Ben on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my 2.7L Tacoma for a little over a year now. Not only does this truck get great gas mileage, but it can handle just about whatever you throw at it. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who needs a reliable, dependable vehicle that is capable as well.

Not Bad, still probably the best
By wolfstar on 12/27/09 02:10 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

This truck was purchased new in March of 07. It sees at least 8 miles of washboard roads daily, sometimes up to 40, in a very rural, desert environment it has performed well. The only failures have been the horn, and the radiator bolts fell out before 2300 miles. I replaced the horn with an aftermarket unit. The radiator was fixed by the dealer. When it is cold, the transmission is a little clunky till it warms up. Lots of gear noise from the transmission and rear end. The engine works fine, and has done well with 3/4 ton of stone in the bed. The stock Firestone tires stink The Speedometer/odometer is off by 4% this was remedied by replacing the sock 215/70/15 tires with 235/75/15.

Spunky little truck
By cardude on 06/06/09 20:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this truck for a little over two years now. Traded in a horrible piece of GM junk (2000 Pontiac firebird), needed a truck as I lived in a very rural area where trucks are a necessity. Reliability has been through the roof, especially compared to all of the GM cars and trucks that we have owned over the years. I went with the absolute base model with auto trans as the only option but fit and finish is still excellent along with a plethora of standard features. It doesn't even feel like a truck with the elegant but tough looking interior and almost car like handling. GM should've taken note long ago or they wouldn't be in such dire straits. Overall I am very pleased.

My little truck
By Moved from GM on 03/11/08 12:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

The truck has done well for me. It has met my expectations to date. The only draw back is the dealer installed cruise control.

Love it!
By Thrasher on 09/13/07 14:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

The ride is surprisingly comfortable and it has all the power I need for passing on two lane roads. To top it off, it's beautiful, inside and out. After a bit of research I find no reason to be concerned about the "plastic" bed.

Wonderful Truck!!
By satxcubfan on 06/10/07 14:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab PreRunner 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Very tight, well built truck. Extremely comfortable and capable. Runs a lot quieter than my old Ranger. It was like going from a room at Motel 6 to a suite at the Ritz-Carlton. This truck is perfect for me in this configuration and I plan to get many, many miles and years out of it. It's a real head turner on the road, too! I really love it.

Quality truck with better gas mileage
By javax on 05/24/07 19:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

My first truck! I test drove F150 FX4, Nissan Frontier, and Titan but decided to get Toyota Tacoma in the end. I liked the F150 and Titan but I just couldn't buy either one because of gas mileage. The Frontier truck was good also but didn't have many configurations. Tacoma was built like a truck and runs like a truck too. If you want to get a truck that runs like a car, stay away from this one. However, if you are after quality, this one is for you. It lacks (4cyl 4X4) horsepower to accelerate fast on the highway but it handles sharp curves like a car. At high speed around 70 mph, the truck makes quite a bit of engine noise. The exterior is very stylish and interior is well designed.

Quality Truck
By GB on 03/17/07 05:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I traded my defective Chevrolet Colorado in on a new Tacoma after GM wouldn't stand behind their product. I wish I would have looked at the Tacoma 2 years ago. The interior quality beats Chevy hands down, as does the ride and lack of road noise. There is also no comparison of the stereo system, Toyota beats Chevy without question. The mileage on the 2.7 4 cyl. 4X4 Tacoma has been fantastic. The mileage during the first 3000 miles has been 23 - 24 mpg with about 50% highway driving. I am very happy with my Tacoma.

Love this truck
By Mike on 03/02/07 05:30 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

After having a Chevy S-10 and always wanting a Toyota, I can not be happier. I recently pulled a U-Haul trailer from PA to Florida, it made it seem like I had nothing on the back. My bud, pulled the same with an S-10. I pretty much could have dusted him. He had problems with hills, and I didn't. I also got better gas mileage, which is always a plus. I just like having a truck, even though this is the smaller model, it still rocks, has great power for a little engine. This is my second Toyota, I will never again own anything else.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.