Used 2007 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Spunky little truck
By cardude

2007 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this truck for a little over two years now. Traded in a horrible piece of GM junk (2000 Pontiac firebird), needed a truck as I lived in a very rural area where trucks are a necessity. Reliability has been through the roof, especially compared to all of the GM cars and trucks that we have owned over the years. I went with the absolute base model with auto trans as the only option but fit and finish is still excellent along with a plethora of standard features. It doesn't even feel like a truck with the elegant but tough looking interior and almost car like handling. GM should've taken note long ago or they wouldn't be in such dire straits. Overall I am very pleased.

Favorite Features

Ext/Int design, 6 cup holders, 26mpg, lots of storage, paint quality, standard Air and CD player, handling, copious leg and head room, stain proof seats, absolutely no problems at 40K miles, excellent headlight visibility, engine is easy and simple to work on if you do your own servicing.

Suggested Improvements

Smooth out the thrashy and noisy 2.7L, Trans gearing is too low (kills MPG), stock Firestone tires are junk, plastic front bumper fades quickly.

Great, Dependable Vehicle
By Ben

2007 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my 2.7L Tacoma for a little over a year now. Not only does this truck get great gas mileage, but it can handle just about whatever you throw at it. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who needs a reliable, dependable vehicle that is capable as well.

Favorite Features

26 MPG highway, 22 MPG City, stick shift.

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of.

Not Bad, still probably the best
By wolfstar

2007 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

This truck was purchased new in March of 07. It sees at least 8 miles of washboard roads daily, sometimes up to 40, in a very rural, desert environment it has performed well. The only failures have been the horn, and the radiator bolts fell out before 2300 miles. I replaced the horn with an aftermarket unit. The radiator was fixed by the dealer. When it is cold, the transmission is a little clunky till it warms up. Lots of gear noise from the transmission and rear end. The engine works fine, and has done well with 3/4 ton of stone in the bed. The stock Firestone tires stink The Speedometer/odometer is off by 4% this was remedied by replacing the sock 215/70/15 tires with 235/75/15.

Favorite Features

Base model standard Tachometer and tilt wheel. The steno is ok, better with an add on subwoofer. Love the tiedown setup in the bed, very practical.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission and rear end are as noisy as the 30 year old Ford F100/Explorer Pickup I used to drive. A 6 speed on the 4 banger manual would make for a better city vehicle.

Love it!
By Thrasher

2007 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

The ride is surprisingly comfortable and it has all the power I need for passing on two lane roads. To top it off, it's beautiful, inside and out. After a bit of research I find no reason to be concerned about the "plastic" bed.

Favorite Features

Excellent turning ratio. Smart passenger airbags.

Suggested Improvements

No easy way to hook my iPod into the speaker system. Upholstery and seat covers could be more user friendly. The plastic side opening tool box I planned to buy is incompatible with the Tacoma.

My little truck
By Moved from GM

2007 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

The truck has done well for me. It has met my expectations to date. The only draw back is the dealer installed cruise control.

Favorite Features

Good gas mileage, and a well thought out bed tie down system.

Suggested Improvements

Toyota needs to redesign the dealer add on cruise control. You have to hold the control, and many times it doesn't set. I would not have purchased this item if I knew how poorly it performs.