Used 2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Most Helpful|
Toyota 4 me
By AHDIAMOND

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a Nissan Pathfinder that had a 3.5 litre and never got over 16 mpg. This Toyota gets 20 mpg with a 4.0 litre. I have a TRD package so the bilstein shocks help the ride when I pull my 24 foot boat. The limited slip diff works well on slippery ramps.

Favorite Features

sits up high, rides well, put 2009 17" wheels on

Suggested Improvements

Ipod, Leather and full power seat but then you could call it a Lexus.

Love my Taco
By CBI020

Purchased new in Jan 2007. Absolutely reliable - less than $700 maintenance in nearly four years, including $572 tire upgrade. (Free oil changes w/purchase.) Not so much as a rattle yet, after 45k miles. Under seat storage in rear is convenient, as are 'boxes' in rear. Got mine with the bed extender; needed since standard bed is only 5 foot. Rides great, especially after upgrading from stock Dunlops to Yokohamas. Mileage slipped down to 20 after tire change, though. Plenty of power from V6 for day-to-day driving and hauling. Plan to keep this for many more years. My only regret is I purchased 2wd rather than 4wd, but traction is more than adequate 99.9% of the time

Favorite Features

Composite bed, tie downs, comfortable, resale value (not that I plan to trade it in!). Height/ground clearance.

Suggested Improvements

Optional sunroof. Better gas mileage (OK- it is a truck). 6-passenger option (I have four kids.)

Good Reliable Truck
By bgr

I bought this truck brand new over two years ago and I drive it for work every day. The Composite bed is a great feature as well as the power outlet in the bed. I didn't have a generator and it powered some basic items in my house for a couple days after a recent storm. The factory tires ride a little rough but have pretty good reliability. The stereo could be a little better. I love the design on the interior and exterior. Gas mileage is great. I usually average around 21-22 miles per gallon. Towing is ok but my 16' ski boat dogs it down a little. Unfortunately the bed dents easily like my last Tacoma. The front bumper should be chrome instead of plastic as well.

Favorite Features

Design, Bed, & Interior Comfort

Suggested Improvements

Better stereo, Bring Chrome Bumpers Back, & Stronger Metal on Truck Bed

Reliable but not perfect
By Dave

It's a jack of all trades vehicle. Plenty of room for the kids. Hauls all my stuff. Decent mileage for commuting. Has a somewhat bouncy ride but it's a truck and truth be told does ride better than most other trucks I have ridden in. Has really light and easy steering. Real easy to drive. The transmission is a dream. Smooth shifting and usually grabs just the right gear. You can slap the stick for quick acceleration. Tows my boat very easily.

Favorite Features

Reliability and drivetrain performance.

Suggested Improvements

Front seat headrests push against the back of your head. Adjustable tilt headrest would be great. You cannot take a drink from a water bottle without turning your head sideways. I had to turn the darn things around backwards. The steering is wimpy and gets pushed around by wind.

Great truck!
By Ted

Only thing I would have to change is the paint. Drives like a charm, reliability and drivetrain performance is great. Overall really happy with the truck.

Favorite Features

V-6 is a lot faster than I thought, controls great, lots of room.

Suggested Improvements

Just the paint needs better quality, and speakers chatter if bass is too high.