Used 2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

5 Year Tacoma Owner/READ ME!
By 07tacomagirl

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Well, Purchased Feb. 5, 2007.....first of all I LOVE MY TRUCK!!! Sadly, it spends more time at the dealer than I have actually driven it. I have a file on it at least a solid inch thick. Things replaced so far: washer line..started shooting out of the side of my hood, 3 months in blower motor went out, 7,000 miles tire blew...literally came apart, 3 weeks later another tire blew, decided to replaced dunlops, engine rattle started, 14,000 miles brakes, calipers, rotors replaced they couldn't figure out why they wouldn't stop squeeling. 2 years in trans. hits when parked at a stop light. All before 36,000 mile and my list goes on but ran out of room. Im at 75,000 miles but at least its paid!

Favorite Features

The size of it with the long bed is absolutely perfect!! Of course i'm a 5'2" female normal weight :) My dad's 5'10" heavy set and hates that it's too small, he refuses to drive it! It's the biggest little truck you can get in my opinion and I love that it's 4 door/car/truck as my boyfriend calls it. The seats are made out of actual cloth which as you know trucks these days have some new stretch crap that sucks and is uncomfortable. I've moved 2 times with this truck and holds a good amount of stuff. I would recommend this truck to anyone looking for a small truck who could just use a simple little truck to get around. If you can fix trucks buy it if not STAY AWAY or buy auto repair warranty.

Suggested Improvements

fix the loud rattle in my engine, give better gas mileage, replace the horrible slippery bed that everything slides across, especially an ice chest (be prepared to drive slow or have some broken bottles, haha) Paint...PUT SOME MORE, im tired of chipped paint, put some side molding so when people open their door it has something to hit besides putting a gash in my pickup truck, Good tires from the beginning would have been beneficial, IPOD hookup would be fantastic!

Love my Taco
By CBI020

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased new in Jan 2007. Absolutely reliable - less than $700 maintenance in nearly four years, including $572 tire upgrade. (Free oil changes w/purchase.) Not so much as a rattle yet, after 45k miles. Under seat storage in rear is convenient, as are 'boxes' in rear. Got mine with the bed extender; needed since standard bed is only 5 foot. Rides great, especially after upgrading from stock Dunlops to Yokohamas. Mileage slipped down to 20 after tire change, though. Plenty of power from V6 for day-to-day driving and hauling. Plan to keep this for many more years. My only regret is I purchased 2wd rather than 4wd, but traction is more than adequate 99.9% of the time

Favorite Features

Composite bed, tie downs, comfortable, resale value (not that I plan to trade it in!). Height/ground clearance.

Suggested Improvements

Optional sunroof. Better gas mileage (OK- it is a truck). 6-passenger option (I have four kids.)

Not what I was expecting
By Glenn

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the truck 3 years ago and am looking forward to getting rid of it as soon as I can. The engine makes all kinds of noise and pings horribly on ethanol gas. The dealer tells me there is nothing they can about either one. I logged a complaint with Toyota about the pinging and never heard back from them. The dealer told me to use premium ethanol gas, but it still pings. I have to go miles out of my way to get ethanol free gas and I am getting sick of it. No MP3 adapter and the CD player will not play MP3 discs; how cheap. Transmission shifts all the time and steering wheel shimmy has never been fixed. I expected far more out of this vehicle. It is the last Toyota I will ever buy.

Favorite Features

4 wheel drive, cup holders and good sounding stereo

Suggested Improvements

Fix the engine noises, transmission shifting problem, lousy brakes, wheel shimmy and put an MP3 player/adapter in it.

Nothing Beats Toyota, NOTHING!
By Jason N

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Toyota, and again I am IMPRESSED. This truck has more than enough pwr to do all I need. I have used it pulling boats, and other cars/trucks as well. The V6 never missed a beat. The 4wd is more than capable of handling anything I have thrown at it, snow, mud, rocks, anything. My mpg has suffered since the induction of ethanol, but whose hasn't? To the reviewer with the overhead compass problem, it's just a resistor that needs re-soldered, you can fix it yourself for free in less than 5 minutes, I have done it to mine. I love this truck and am so glad I choose it over another full size. It does it all, plus the pwr outlet in the bed has proved beneficial. Overall best in class!

Favorite Features

The whole truck! I love it all!

Suggested Improvements

Starting out with better stock tires, the BFG rugged trail's are horrible, but all the major car companies use them. I would prefer an all terrain tire stock.

Good dependable truck
By Dennis Dale

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have enjoyed this truck the entire time I have owned it. Very dependable and comfortable. But, the temperature guage / compass has broken this summer. I was wondering if this is a problem for other owners. My mechanic said during his research the answer is to replace the instrument at a parts cost of about $200.00. He also said during his research that this is listed by Toyota as a problem, no recall at this time.