Used 2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Great truck and very reliable
By Brian D.

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My truck has been an excellent reliable vehicle for the past nine years. I am the original owner. Mechanically I have not had a single problem. I make sure to get the truck in for all scheduled maintenance. I will buy the same truck when this one wears out.

Dependable...
By Fred

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Tacoma 4x4 new in 2007. It has not caused me one problem other than battery went south in year 6. It is very dependable . I use it to get to our cabin in the winter, goes thru the snow with no problem. The ride is what one would expect from a small 4x4, but not bad. I would recommend thes Tacomas to anyone.

Solid truck with proven results
By Boomer3414

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab (4 door) TRD Sport new in 07 and it is hands down one of the best light trucks on the market. It provides a decent towing and cargo capacity and is ok at best on gas. I have NEVER had a problem with this vehicle - NEVER - it is almost 10 years old and gets a lot of use. I have over 100K work miles and off road use and it's dependable enough to get the job done and get me home safe!!! That says a lot for me, it also has one of the highest resale values on the market. Do not listen to the nay sayers that don't even own this vehicle or say that it is not worth it. Check the market and educate yourself. I highly recommend this vehicle and will definitely be purchasing another one in the future. Toyota builds quality vehicles that last and is dependable.

Really overrated.
By Jeff

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

These things have a ton of problems. Rusty frames, rusty broken rear leaf springs. These are not trucks. The beds can deform if hauling heavy loads. The tailgates bend. Interior components fail early and often. Toyota quality does not exist anymore.

5 Year Tacoma Owner/READ ME!
By 07tacomagirl

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Well, Purchased Feb. 5, 2007.....first of all I LOVE MY TRUCK!!! Sadly, it spends more time at the dealer than I have actually driven it. I have a file on it at least a solid inch thick. Things replaced so far: washer line..started shooting out of the side of my hood, 3 months in blower motor went out, 7,000 miles tire blew...literally came apart, 3 weeks later another tire blew, decided to replaced dunlops, engine rattle started, 14,000 miles brakes, calipers, rotors replaced they couldn't figure out why they wouldn't stop squeeling. 2 years in trans. hits when parked at a stop light. All before 36,000 mile and my list goes on but ran out of room. Im at 75,000 miles but at least its paid!

The size of it with the long bed is absolutely perfect!! Of course i'm a 5'2" female normal weight :) My dad's 5'10" heavy set and hates that it's too small, he refuses to drive it! It's the biggest little truck you can get in my opinion and I love that it's 4 door/car/truck as my boyfriend calls it. The seats are made out of actual cloth which as you know trucks these days have some new stretch crap that sucks and is uncomfortable. I've moved 2 times with this truck and holds a good amount of stuff. I would recommend this truck to anyone looking for a small truck who could just use a simple little truck to get around. If you can fix trucks buy it if not STAY AWAY or buy auto repair warranty.

fix the loud rattle in my engine, give better gas mileage, replace the horrible slippery bed that everything slides across, especially an ice chest (be prepared to drive slow or have some broken bottles, haha) Paint...PUT SOME MORE, im tired of chipped paint, put some side molding so when people open their door it has something to hit besides putting a gash in my pickup truck, Good tires from the beginning would have been beneficial, IPOD hookup would be fantastic!