2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
5 Year Tacoma Owner/READ ME!
By 07tacomagirl on 01/14/12 09:58 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Well, Purchased Feb. 5, 2007.....first of all I LOVE MY TRUCK!!! Sadly, it spends more time at the dealer than I have actually driven it. I have a file on it at least a solid inch thick. Things replaced so far: washer line..started shooting out of the side of my hood, 3 months in blower motor went out, 7,000 miles tire blew...literally came apart, 3 weeks later another tire blew, decided to replaced dunlops, engine rattle started, 14,000 miles brakes, calipers, rotors replaced they couldn't figure out why they wouldn't stop squeeling. 2 years in trans. hits when parked at a stop light. All before 36,000 mile and my list goes on but ran out of room. Im at 75,000 miles but at least its paid!

Love my Taco
By CBI020 on 11/24/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased new in Jan 2007. Absolutely reliable - less than $700 maintenance in nearly four years, including $572 tire upgrade. (Free oil changes w/purchase.) Not so much as a rattle yet, after 45k miles. Under seat storage in rear is convenient, as are 'boxes' in rear. Got mine with the bed extender; needed since standard bed is only 5 foot. Rides great, especially after upgrading from stock Dunlops to Yokohamas. Mileage slipped down to 20 after tire change, though. Plenty of power from V6 for day-to-day driving and hauling. Plan to keep this for many more years. My only regret is I purchased 2wd rather than 4wd, but traction is more than adequate 99.9% of the time

Not what I was expecting
By Glenn on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the truck 3 years ago and am looking forward to getting rid of it as soon as I can. The engine makes all kinds of noise and pings horribly on ethanol gas. The dealer tells me there is nothing they can about either one. I logged a complaint with Toyota about the pinging and never heard back from them. The dealer told me to use premium ethanol gas, but it still pings. I have to go miles out of my way to get ethanol free gas and I am getting sick of it. No MP3 adapter and the CD player will not play MP3 discs; how cheap. Transmission shifts all the time and steering wheel shimmy has never been fixed. I expected far more out of this vehicle. It is the last Toyota I will ever buy.

Nothing Beats Toyota, NOTHING!
By Jason N on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Toyota, and again I am IMPRESSED. This truck has more than enough pwr to do all I need. I have used it pulling boats, and other cars/trucks as well. The V6 never missed a beat. The 4wd is more than capable of handling anything I have thrown at it, snow, mud, rocks, anything. My mpg has suffered since the induction of ethanol, but whose hasn't? To the reviewer with the overhead compass problem, it's just a resistor that needs re-soldered, you can fix it yourself for free in less than 5 minutes, I have done it to mine. I love this truck and am so glad I choose it over another full size. It does it all, plus the pwr outlet in the bed has proved beneficial. Overall best in class!

Good dependable truck
By Dennis Dale on 08/13/10 13:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have enjoyed this truck the entire time I have owned it. Very dependable and comfortable. But, the temperature guage / compass has broken this summer. I was wondering if this is a problem for other owners. My mechanic said during his research the answer is to replace the instrument at a parts cost of about $200.00. He also said during his research that this is listed by Toyota as a problem, no recall at this time.

What more do you want
By BC Toyota on 12/21/09 08:48 AM (PST)

Fabulous truck!! This Toyota I've owned now for 2.5 years and it hasn't let me down once and the mileage is fabulous!! It took until about 17,000 miles for the engine to feel like it's broken in, now that it has I'm getting 17.5 around town with a very short driving distance to and from work and on the highway I'm getting up to 30!! Yes that's not a typo 30 with a V 6 , 4.0 liter engine, that's remarkable!! I have a sport model with the stiffer ride but this truck handles like a dream and has a ton of power, step on the gas and off you go!

Front Mud Flap
By haris chandra on 09/29/09 16:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

While driving at speed of just 70 MPH both my mud flaps tore, broke and very expensive to replace.

Good Reliable Truck
By bgr on 06/05/09 05:37 AM (PDT)

I bought this truck brand new over two years ago and I drive it for work every day. The Composite bed is a great feature as well as the power outlet in the bed. I didn't have a generator and it powered some basic items in my house for a couple days after a recent storm. The factory tires ride a little rough but have pretty good reliability. The stereo could be a little better. I love the design on the interior and exterior. Gas mileage is great. I usually average around 21-22 miles per gallon. Towing is ok but my 16' ski boat dogs it down a little. Unfortunately the bed dents easily like my last Tacoma. The front bumper should be chrome instead of plastic as well.

Toyota 4 me
By AHDIAMOND on 05/18/09 10:35 AM (PDT)

I had a Nissan Pathfinder that had a 3.5 litre and never got over 16 mpg. This Toyota gets 20 mpg with a 4.0 litre. I have a TRD package so the bilstein shocks help the ride when I pull my 24 foot boat. The limited slip diff works well on slippery ramps.

Disappointed with my Taco
By MyTacoBites on 04/30/09 11:40 AM (PDT)

I'll start by saying that I've owned many Toyotas over the years and have been very satisfied with every one but this one. After 18k miles the engine began to knock loudly (piston wobble) and the tranny will kick after every stop (driveline lash). These traits all called "normal" by Toyota. These trucks do not represent the quality the brand has developed through the years. If you can live with a truck that makes a nasty knock at idle, shifts through the auto gearbox after a stop...only to thump you after finally finding first gear, chasing wheel balance due to the hub offset being whacked and always having steering wheel shimmy; this might be the truck for you.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.