2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Does Toyota quality still exist? Not my Tacoma..
By strauchfx on 10/08/12 11:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I recently traded my tacoma, so now I feel I can give an unbiased review. I also own a Toyota Camry and after owning the Tacoma and talking to Toyota customer service I swore to myself I wouldn't buy another EVER. The first thing that went wrong.. a HIGH pitch whistling noise from the front end, Toyota could diagnose the problem, customer service told me "your truck was designed that way".. I figured it out finally, there was a TSB out on the internet for a weak seal on the windshield. Good job Toyota for the help. Next.. The temp/compass thing broke, the HVAC Fan switch broke, only HIGH or nothing. Rear end feel like it has resistance. Strange clunks and bangs. Continued below..

Good Truck Tacoma 2wd V6 6m/t
By tslick76 on 08/03/08 08:44 AM (PDT)

I think the Toyota Tacoma V6 is great strong Motor and the 6 speed m/t works fine (I find the oil changes very easy to do, I love the location of the oil filter). But, I have had some problems with chipping paint also. Furthermore the seating position is a little low. Also no iPod connection, my company work van has one. Also I wish the Tacoma had pop out wing windows (my 2004 Tacoma did). The Tacoma has great looks and it will be easy to sale. I suggest getting the tow package (6500lbs), the Tacoma is strong and can handle towing and off road driving. Its easy to beat up any truck, but in 10 years this truck will be still on the road (reliable).

This is the truck I wanted!
By drjohn on 09/08/07 13:55 PM (PDT)

Having spent over a decade in an S-10 Blazer, I was amazed at the quality of materials, quietness and smoothness of the Tacoma. My son-in-law has an '02 Tacoma that he loves. Driving my '07 is a pleasure. It has a great view of the road, ample power, a smooth-shifting manual 6 speed and ice-cold AC. The seats are comfortable and all of the controls within easy reach. I found the stereo to be more than adequate for my tastes, I'm not an audio snob. The locking rear differential is a nice bonus. I'm looking forward to many years of service from this truck!

Tacoma
By 751 on 02/08/07 12:55 PM (PST)

I got the 07 Tacoma and love it. It drives better than my Firebird I had before it. Only knock is the gas mileage is not what I expected it to be. Also cruise control takes some getting used to. I would definitely recommend this truck to anyone. You must get a cold air intake and magnaflow muffler installed. It improves gas mileage and power and makes a great engine perform even better. Plus it is easy to install and fairly cheap.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.