Used 2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 Access Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

2007 Tacoma 4X4 V6 Acc. Cab TRD
By Jon

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third Toyota truck. I've had an '86, '99, and this '07. It rides well, gets the same gas mileage as my last one and better than my old '86 four cylinder, but with more power. Engine is smooth, quiet and powerful. Transmission shifts smoothly. Very comfortable inside. Fold down rear "seatlets" work great for holding ice chests for camping. On the down side: The rear end bottoms out easily under load. Can be remedied with add-a-leafs or air bags. Not much ground clearance, I may get a lift kit.I liked the old lever-type 4X4 range shifter better. New electronic dial type range selector works reliably, but not as smooth and predictably as an actual lever did.

Favorite Features

Power mirrors/doorlocks. Lumbar support. Single pane slider window works better than old dual panes. 400W power inverter works great when camping. Integrated fog lights are nice, a little upward adjustment helps for range. Diff lock's great. Oil filter and oil drain plug positions are wonderful!

Suggested Improvements

I wish BFG AT KOs were a tire option. I use my truck as a truck, not a car. The stock BFGs are good all around, but slip in the real muck. Truck needs about two to three more inches of ground clearance, but all do these days. Better overloads or beefier rear springs needed. Heavier payload cap.

Nice truck
By tacoman

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Nice truck, with excellent off road capabilities. This truck will get you and your gear out and back without a problem. It can climb steep inclines, narrow enough to get through the trees, light enough to get over the mud, and a great turning radius for a truck. I've yet to get this truck stuck in the deserts of Utah or the mountains of Colorado. It's certainly not a luxury vehicle but comfortable and fits well.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, plenty of power, and fits in the garage.

Suggested Improvements

Leather seat option

Problems with Tacoma 4x4 from start
By SharEd

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Makes clunk noise as you pull forward every time (sounds like transmission) and several times we were told that was normal. Now it is being looked at. Brakes squeeled and entire neighborhood laughed at new truck when backing up. Now has squeal in steering when turning either direction and car only has 7200 miles on it. Hate it already. Don't know what will happen next.

Favorite Features

Cool red color with black wheel wells

Suggested Improvements

Quality is not what we expected at all and sorry we have to pay for this for over 72 months with only a 36,000 mile warranty

Tacoma
By Todd

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is definitely the best vehichle I have ever owned! I highly recommend this truck to everyone. Easy to drive and fun to get behind the wheel. All systems at the touch of a finger tip. I give My truck 10 stars!!

Favorite Features

All within reach!

Suggested Improvements

None. Well, If you could figure out a way to keep the rain from blowing in the driver side window when I have it the whole way down in a thunderstorm that would be great! I smoke!

Bad design
By Craig

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The 6 speed manual is a poor design, too many gears too close together to be of any use. 6th gear can easily be driven at 50 mph, what happened to an overdrive gear? The cigarette lighter that is disabled with the ignition off is a terrible design. What were they thinking, a cellphone charger will drain a 35lb battery?? Maybe in a few weeks! Why not engineer disabling when the battery gets low? By the way, don't think about charging a cellphone if you are doing stop and go. It really messes up the charging. Gas mileage is about 17 mph for highway driving on the V6. I have not heard of anyone doing better. The 110w outlet is useless, not enough juice to do anything useful.

Favorite Features

Tight turning radius.

Suggested Improvements

See review.