Used 2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 Access Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Does Toyota quality still exist? Not my Tacoma..
By strauchfx

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I recently traded my tacoma, so now I feel I can give an unbiased review. I also own a Toyota Camry and after owning the Tacoma and talking to Toyota customer service I swore to myself I wouldn't buy another EVER. The first thing that went wrong.. a HIGH pitch whistling noise from the front end, Toyota could diagnose the problem, customer service told me "your truck was designed that way".. I figured it out finally, there was a TSB out on the internet for a weak seal on the windshield. Good job Toyota for the help. Next.. The temp/compass thing broke, the HVAC Fan switch broke, only HIGH or nothing. Rear end feel like it has resistance. Strange clunks and bangs. Continued below..

Favorite Features

The steering column literally feels like it's going to break off one day. You can feel it move when you hit bumps in or potholes in the road, not a lot but no movement is normal. Toyota said everything is fine and just ROAD FORCE balance your tires, here is a bill.. thanks Rides like it has CEMENT tires, this thing seriously was the most uncomfortable ride I have ever experienced. It had the TRD sport package so maybe that why, because my dad has the TRD off road package and it's WAY better. Gas mileage sucks, maybe 16 mpg average. I mean I guess it's reliable mechanically (in theory) but it did not feel like the quality product Toyota is supposedly known for. I wouldn't buy another.

Suggested Improvements

Revamp customer service and dealer network so they don't treat the customer as if they are supposed to be thankful to Toyota for producing the product. You are in business because of the consumer, don't forget that. My favorite Toyota line: "Your truck is designed that way sir.." Really? It's supposed to make unbearable whistling noises from the dash board area when driving on the freeway? What a great feature!!

Good Truck Tacoma 2wd V6 6m/t
By tslick76

I think the Toyota Tacoma V6 is great strong Motor and the 6 speed m/t works fine (I find the oil changes very easy to do, I love the location of the oil filter). But, I have had some problems with chipping paint also. Furthermore the seating position is a little low. Also no iPod connection, my company work van has one. Also I wish the Tacoma had pop out wing windows (my 2004 Tacoma did). The Tacoma has great looks and it will be easy to sale. I suggest getting the tow package (6500lbs), the Tacoma is strong and can handle towing and off road driving. Its easy to beat up any truck, but in 10 years this truck will be still on the road (reliable).

Favorite Features

Looks, power being reliable and options are the main selling point to this truck. Also the bed is nice feature with power outlet and cubbie holes.

Suggested Improvements

Seating postion needs some work. Also iPod connection would be great (Toyota web site says the 2009 models have it now, awesome). Also more interior colors (gray/black are getting old). Pop out wing windows.

This is the truck I wanted!
By drjohn

Having spent over a decade in an S-10 Blazer, I was amazed at the quality of materials, quietness and smoothness of the Tacoma. My son-in-law has an '02 Tacoma that he loves. Driving my '07 is a pleasure. It has a great view of the road, ample power, a smooth-shifting manual 6 speed and ice-cold AC. The seats are comfortable and all of the controls within easy reach. I found the stereo to be more than adequate for my tastes, I'm not an audio snob. The locking rear differential is a nice bonus. I'm looking forward to many years of service from this truck!

Favorite Features

V6 and 6 speed manual combo, locking rear differential, overall style, fit and finish are first rate. Good storage space in Axcess cab. Great ergonomics!

Suggested Improvements

Gauges can be a bit difficult to see at certain times of the day. 12V accessory jacks only work when engine is on. Cruise controls are a bit awkward. A leather seating option and sunroof option would be nice.

Tacoma
By 751

I got the 07 Tacoma and love it. It drives better than my Firebird I had before it. Only knock is the gas mileage is not what I expected it to be. Also cruise control takes some getting used to. I would definitely recommend this truck to anyone. You must get a cold air intake and magnaflow muffler installed. It improves gas mileage and power and makes a great engine perform even better. Plus it is easy to install and fairly cheap.