2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Worst mistake I made was selling it.
By nuvabey on 11/18/13 14:22 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

The title should say it all. I got antsy and sold my Taco for a sports car. Huge mistake. This truck was near perfect. That transmission rattle you hear? Don't let some whack job mechanic tell you you need a whole new clutch a flywheel. It just sounds like that. In town I'd get no less than 22-23 mpg. And that was usually 16 miles round trip at 40 mph or less. I drive a Challenger R/T now and if someone said they'd swap me for my Tacoma again, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Does Toyota quality still exist? Not my Tacoma..
By strauchfx on 10/08/12 11:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I recently traded my tacoma, so now I feel I can give an unbiased review. I also own a Toyota Camry and after owning the Tacoma and talking to Toyota customer service I swore to myself I wouldn't buy another EVER. The first thing that went wrong.. a HIGH pitch whistling noise from the front end, Toyota could diagnose the problem, customer service told me "your truck was designed that way".. I figured it out finally, there was a TSB out on the internet for a weak seal on the windshield. Good job Toyota for the help. Next.. The temp/compass thing broke, the HVAC Fan switch broke, only HIGH or nothing. Rear end feel like it has resistance. Strange clunks and bangs. Continued below..

I want my '97 Taco back!
By mph66 on 02/01/11 12:05 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I *hate* this truck. My '97 Taco got better mileage. I have an up/down hilly commute of 7 1/2 miles per day, each way. I hypermile by coasting down hills, and still, the best I can eke out is 24 mpg. They took the same spec. 4 cyl. engine from the '97 Taco and put it into the huge, bulky body of the 2007 access cab. This thing labors up the slightest of inclines. I don't need a "full size pickup" to compensate for something else. The smaller truck was fine for going to Home Depot or the transfer station. My manhood was not threatened, yet for some reason, it seems that Toyota's masculinity was somehow called into question. I want my old truck back!

Odometer says 127,000
By PlainJoe on 05/16/10 18:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

This is my ultra reliable work truck. I clocked 127,000 in less than 3 years. I only change oil, did not even get a tune up. Changed front brakes, rotors and a set of tires. Will change tires again soon. Hows that for reliability. In 2 more years, will change this truck with another Tacoma.

fuel mileage
By Peter Beyrodt on 03/10/10 17:23 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am a Canadian, and my window sticker said 29.0 mpg highway. After having several repairs done and two years later my best mileage achieved was approx 20.0 mpg highway. The dealership looked into it and said nothing was wrong even though I had black soot all over the rear quarter panel and all down the side of my boat when I towed it. After furthering my request to fix the lousy mileage I was receiving to Toyota Canada, I was informed the vehicle ran fine and they would not pursue the problem further. I sold it after just two years and bought a full size Sierra and now get much better mileage. Toyota didn't give a damn about me as a customer. P Beyrodt

Superior reliability and performance
By Scuba on 02/14/10 09:26 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab X-Runner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This being my second Tacoma X-Runner I must say that this is without a doubt the funnest truck i have ever owned and considering the fact that my girlfriend and the children always want to take the truck over the Camry has to mean something. We have never had a problem with this truck. Also pulls the boat and jet skis well within the weight limits. Well designed and executed truck. Thanks Toyota associates.

Great Truck, But...
By kpri101 on 02/06/10 23:31 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

It looks great. It's fun to drive. It's not very comfortable. It gets awful gas mileage. It has junky breaks. It has cheap paint. It doesn't offer an Mp3 adapter...even 5 years after its introduction...come on Toyota, what's the problem? No sunrooof option, that's a no brainer. Ok, that's enough. I still like my truck but next time around I'll be a little more picky.

Little Hauler/Commuter
By Robert C on 06/09/09 07:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

First Toyota truck I've owned. I've owned a Frontier and a Ranger in the past. The Tacoma is a little better than the Frontier and a lot better than the Ranger, if you can get over the price difference. My Access Cab 4 cyl. is good on gas, but is underpowered even with a manual trans. First gear seems to be geared too low and hard to find at times when rolling at lower speeds. The exterior design is OK, with the stock wheels and tires too small for the well area The interior is nicely laid out with plenty of leg room for tall drivers. The radio is a little weak and the access cab area seating is too straight up for a comfortable ride. Overall, quality is good, just needs more 4cyl power.

2007 Tacoma 4X4 V6 Acc. Cab TRD
By Jon on 12/07/08 10:11 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third Toyota truck. I've had an '86, '99, and this '07. It rides well, gets the same gas mileage as my last one and better than my old '86 four cylinder, but with more power. Engine is smooth, quiet and powerful. Transmission shifts smoothly. Very comfortable inside. Fold down rear "seatlets" work great for holding ice chests for camping. On the down side: The rear end bottoms out easily under load. Can be remedied with add-a-leafs or air bags. Not much ground clearance, I may get a lift kit.I liked the old lever-type 4X4 range shifter better. New electronic dial type range selector works reliably, but not as smooth and predictably as an actual lever did.

Nice truck
By tacoman on 09/22/08 20:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Nice truck, with excellent off road capabilities. This truck will get you and your gear out and back without a problem. It can climb steep inclines, narrow enough to get through the trees, light enough to get over the mud, and a great turning radius for a truck. I've yet to get this truck stuck in the deserts of Utah or the mountains of Colorado. It's certainly not a luxury vehicle but comfortable and fits well.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.