Used 2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tacoma

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Not what I was expecting
By Glenn

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the truck 3 years ago and am looking forward to getting rid of it as soon as I can. The engine makes all kinds of noise and pings horribly on ethanol gas. The dealer tells me there is nothing they can about either one. I logged a complaint with Toyota about the pinging and never heard back from them. The dealer told me to use premium ethanol gas, but it still pings. I have to go miles out of my way to get ethanol free gas and I am getting sick of it. No MP3 adapter and the CD player will not play MP3 discs; how cheap. Transmission shifts all the time and steering wheel shimmy has never been fixed. I expected far more out of this vehicle. It is the last Toyota I will ever buy.

Favorite Features

4 wheel drive, cup holders and good sounding stereo

Suggested Improvements

Fix the engine noises, transmission shifting problem, lousy brakes, wheel shimmy and put an MP3 player/adapter in it.

Nothing Beats Toyota, NOTHING!
By Jason N

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Toyota, and again I am IMPRESSED. This truck has more than enough pwr to do all I need. I have used it pulling boats, and other cars/trucks as well. The V6 never missed a beat. The 4wd is more than capable of handling anything I have thrown at it, snow, mud, rocks, anything. My mpg has suffered since the induction of ethanol, but whose hasn't? To the reviewer with the overhead compass problem, it's just a resistor that needs re-soldered, you can fix it yourself for free in less than 5 minutes, I have done it to mine. I love this truck and am so glad I choose it over another full size. It does it all, plus the pwr outlet in the bed has proved beneficial. Overall best in class!

Favorite Features

The whole truck! I love it all!

Suggested Improvements

Starting out with better stock tires, the BFG rugged trail's are horrible, but all the major car companies use them. I would prefer an all terrain tire stock.

Good dependable truck
By Dennis Dale

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have enjoyed this truck the entire time I have owned it. Very dependable and comfortable. But, the temperature guage / compass has broken this summer. I was wondering if this is a problem for other owners. My mechanic said during his research the answer is to replace the instrument at a parts cost of about $200.00. He also said during his research that this is listed by Toyota as a problem, no recall at this time.

Front Mud Flap
By haris chandra

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

While driving at speed of just 70 MPH both my mud flaps tore, broke and very expensive to replace.

Suggested Improvements

Should do a recall and install new and better quality of mud flaps.

Decent Truck
By Mike

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall it's a nice truck. Very comfortable, good power and lots of features. The stock suspension would bottom out with a load (400 lb motorcycle in the bed) but there is a service bulletin out to upgrade the suspension if you actually use it as a truck. Gas mileage could be a little better. I average 16-17 MPG, mixed driving and topped out at 20.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, sliding rear window, bucket seats, behind the seat storage for rear seats, under-rail sliding tie- down system and traction control.

Suggested Improvements

Auxiliary input jack, heavy tie-downs in the front of the bed, 4 wheel disc brakes (rear drums seem to get sticky when cold/wet)