Used 2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Solid truck with proven results
By Boomer3414

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab (4 door) TRD Sport new in 07 and it is hands down one of the best light trucks on the market. It provides a decent towing and cargo capacity and is ok at best on gas. I have NEVER had a problem with this vehicle - NEVER - it is almost 10 years old and gets a lot of use. I have over 100K work miles and off road use and it's dependable enough to get the job done and get me home safe!!! That says a lot for me, it also has one of the highest resale values on the market. Do not listen to the nay sayers that don't even own this vehicle or say that it is not worth it. Check the market and educate yourself. I highly recommend this vehicle and will definitely be purchasing another one in the future. Toyota builds quality vehicles that last and is dependable.

2007 Tacoma Short Bed 4 Door 4wd
By John M.

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased a replacement for my 2001 Jeep Wrangler intending to do better than 12 mpg. The Toyota delivers about 18 mpg highway (thanks to the terrible new corn fuels that are terrible for the environment anyway) and 12 mpg city. After about 7 months of ownership, my check engine light came on. $6,500 worth of warranty work and 4 trips later, it is off. My dealer kindly loaned me a fully loaded Avalon to drive in the mean-time. I hate the plastic bed, but I'm certain the decreased weight saves on gas mileage. The looks are ok, I prefer 4th generation Tacomas (2001-2004) over the 5th. Paint chips like crazy on my silver model. The painted plastic bumpers, etc are a bad idea.

Best fuel mileage in class. Not a "Big Three" vehicle but made in the US. Very quiet interior and good comfort.

We'll never have cars and trucks like they made 15-20 years ago will we?

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport
By Mike Summes

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This truck is a typical well built, reliable vehicle from Toyota. I just got out of a full size P/U and I'm confident this 07 Tacoma will perform as well or better than my full size one.

Manuverability, reputation and quality that seems to be built into every Toyota made.

Front seats could be just a little more comfortable, especially for people with long legs, but overall I'm completely satisfied.

Great Truck!!
By Randoff

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Love the truck, just purchased. I am a large guy, 6'2" 250 lbs. has plenty of room, runs great, looking forward to driving this truck. I am sold on Toyota!! Would recommend this to anyone!

Quality built product!!

Would be neat if they put a cargo light for the bed area with the brake light on the cab.

Poor Gas Mileage
By J. Matthews

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The drive and ride on this vehicle is very good. The transmission shifts good and is smooth in shifting. The brakes seem to be very responsive and firm. After the fact of purchase I found out that the plugs needed to be changed every 15000 miles. I really find that unacceptable. I changed them and restored the gas mileage back in the 18-20 mpg range. The Tacoma needs the timing chain changed out at 100000 miles. I find that unacceptable. I bought this vehicle for low maintenance costs. I don't think this will happen.

The ride, looks and comfort in the seats. There is room for four adults with comfort after adjusting the front seat.

Gas mileage is a problem with me - I had hoped to get better than 16-17 around town and 18-19.6 on the road. The front end needs more metal in it. Less plastic. Very flimsy and unsecure in my opinion.