Used 2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tacoma

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Great truck and very reliable
By Brian D.

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My truck has been an excellent reliable vehicle for the past nine years. I am the original owner. Mechanically I have not had a single problem. I make sure to get the truck in for all scheduled maintenance. I will buy the same truck when this one wears out.

Love my Taco
By CBI020

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased new in Jan 2007. Absolutely reliable - less than $700 maintenance in nearly four years, including $572 tire upgrade. (Free oil changes w/purchase.) Not so much as a rattle yet, after 45k miles. Under seat storage in rear is convenient, as are 'boxes' in rear. Got mine with the bed extender; needed since standard bed is only 5 foot. Rides great, especially after upgrading from stock Dunlops to Yokohamas. Mileage slipped down to 20 after tire change, though. Plenty of power from V6 for day-to-day driving and hauling. Plan to keep this for many more years. My only regret is I purchased 2wd rather than 4wd, but traction is more than adequate 99.9% of the time

Composite bed, tie downs, comfortable, resale value (not that I plan to trade it in!). Height/ground clearance.

Optional sunroof. Better gas mileage (OK- it is a truck). 6-passenger option (I have four kids.)

Good Reliable Truck
By bgr

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck brand new over two years ago and I drive it for work every day. The Composite bed is a great feature as well as the power outlet in the bed. I didn't have a generator and it powered some basic items in my house for a couple days after a recent storm. The factory tires ride a little rough but have pretty good reliability. The stereo could be a little better. I love the design on the interior and exterior. Gas mileage is great. I usually average around 21-22 miles per gallon. Towing is ok but my 16' ski boat dogs it down a little. Unfortunately the bed dents easily like my last Tacoma. The front bumper should be chrome instead of plastic as well.

Design, Bed, & Interior Comfort

Better stereo, Bring Chrome Bumpers Back, & Stronger Metal on Truck Bed

Toyota 4 me
By AHDIAMOND

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a Nissan Pathfinder that had a 3.5 litre and never got over 16 mpg. This Toyota gets 20 mpg with a 4.0 litre. I have a TRD package so the bilstein shocks help the ride when I pull my 24 foot boat. The limited slip diff works well on slippery ramps.

sits up high, rides well, put 2009 17" wheels on

Ipod, Leather and full power seat but then you could call it a Lexus.

Great truck!
By Ted

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Only thing I would have to change is the paint. Drives like a charm, reliability and drivetrain performance is great. Overall really happy with the truck.

V-6 is a lot faster than I thought, controls great, lots of room.

Just the paint needs better quality, and speakers chatter if bass is too high.