2007 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Love my Taco
By CBI020 on 11/24/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased new in Jan 2007. Absolutely reliable - less than $700 maintenance in nearly four years, including $572 tire upgrade. (Free oil changes w/purchase.) Not so much as a rattle yet, after 45k miles. Under seat storage in rear is convenient, as are 'boxes' in rear. Got mine with the bed extender; needed since standard bed is only 5 foot. Rides great, especially after upgrading from stock Dunlops to Yokohamas. Mileage slipped down to 20 after tire change, though. Plenty of power from V6 for day-to-day driving and hauling. Plan to keep this for many more years. My only regret is I purchased 2wd rather than 4wd, but traction is more than adequate 99.9% of the time

Good Reliable Truck
By bgr on 06/05/09 05:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck brand new over two years ago and I drive it for work every day. The Composite bed is a great feature as well as the power outlet in the bed. I didn't have a generator and it powered some basic items in my house for a couple days after a recent storm. The factory tires ride a little rough but have pretty good reliability. The stereo could be a little better. I love the design on the interior and exterior. Gas mileage is great. I usually average around 21-22 miles per gallon. Towing is ok but my 16' ski boat dogs it down a little. Unfortunately the bed dents easily like my last Tacoma. The front bumper should be chrome instead of plastic as well.

Toyota 4 me
By AHDIAMOND on 05/18/09 10:35 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a Nissan Pathfinder that had a 3.5 litre and never got over 16 mpg. This Toyota gets 20 mpg with a 4.0 litre. I have a TRD package so the bilstein shocks help the ride when I pull my 24 foot boat. The limited slip diff works well on slippery ramps.

Great truck!
By Ted on 02/06/09 06:33 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Only thing I would have to change is the paint. Drives like a charm, reliability and drivetrain performance is great. Overall really happy with the truck.

Reliable but not perfect
By Dave on 01/23/09 14:18 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

It's a jack of all trades vehicle. Plenty of room for the kids. Hauls all my stuff. Decent mileage for commuting. Has a somewhat bouncy ride but it's a truck and truth be told does ride better than most other trucks I have ridden in. Has really light and easy steering. Real easy to drive. The transmission is a dream. Smooth shifting and usually grabs just the right gear. You can slap the stick for quick acceleration. Tows my boat very easily.

Best midsize truck on the market
By Kyle on 07/16/08 11:02 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my '07 Tacoma for a year now and it's the best vehicle purchase I've ever made! It has great power, towing and offroad capability. It is a fun truck to drive on and off road. On the road it drives very smooth. The seats are comfortable and the cab has more room than any other midsize truck that I can think of. It's also Toyota so I know it will last me ages!

Towing converter
By Ray Rounds on 06/21/08 09:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Tacoma; it's fun to drive and I think it gets better gas mileage than rated on freeway driving. The styling is the greatest and the power is great. I probably would get better street mileage if I kept my foot out of it, but I love the power response.

Great truck poor Toyota service
By RANDY on 06/18/08 14:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great truck, good ride, lots of room for 5 people. I have had some problems with engine valve rattle but Toyota says its normal despite any changes in fuel brands and octane levels. Cannot get any help from Toyota on this issue. I suggest getting an extended warranty because the mfg is no help.

Great Truck
By Stephen on 05/21/08 12:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a well put together, good gas mileage fun to drive truck. You will not hear a complaint from this owner. I drive typically 160 miles per day and the comfort and reliability are astounding.

Reliable, Practical & Fun
By SNM on 04/12/08 09:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Did an immense amount of research before purchasing. It wasn't even close when all was said and done. If you are looking for a 4 door compact pick up this is your baby. 239 hp in the V6 is more than enough, and avg. 19-20 mpg overall. The interior and ride is superior to competetors. The appearance was aesthetically appealing as well. Toyota has a long history of quality reliability. I previously owned Ford and Nissan pick ups, and the Toyota is my favorite by far. I plan on keeping this one for many years.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.