Used 2007 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tacoma

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Superior reliability and performance
By Scuba

2007 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This being my second Tacoma X-Runner I must say that this is without a doubt the funnest truck i have ever owned and considering the fact that my girlfriend and the children always want to take the truck over the Camry has to mean something. We have never had a problem with this truck. Also pulls the boat and jet skis well within the weight limits. Well designed and executed truck. Thanks Toyota associates.

Favorite Features

I would have to say the 6-Speed manual trans and bilstein suspension make this truck a dream to drive (good tires are a must) the potenzas work great. In addition the 4.0 liter V6 performs well. just enough power to fit reasonable needs.

Suggested Improvements

The road noise was something that i had to get used to not unbearable but was a little annoying at first. I would suggest better sound insulation from the exterior to the interior of the cab.

X-Runner
By AKnight

2007 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I absolutely love this truck, although it does lack in some areas for me. Despite having the performance engine and upgrades for a Tacoma, it just doesn't have enough power for me. Also, when I bought my truck the windshield wasn't sealed correctly and it produced very loud whistling at interstate speeds. The local Toyota dealership replaced the entire windshield for free though and now the truck has no problems.

Favorite Features

The manual shift 6 speed is very fun to drive with.

Suggested Improvements

I don't like the plastic truck bed, I'd much rather have sheet metal.