Used 2007 Toyota Tacoma Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Great, Dependable Vehicle
By Ben

2007 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my 2.7L Tacoma for a little over a year now. Not only does this truck get great gas mileage, but it can handle just about whatever you throw at it. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who needs a reliable, dependable vehicle that is capable as well.

26 MPG highway, 22 MPG City, stick shift.

None that I can think of.

Not Bad, still probably the best
By wolfstar

2007 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

This truck was purchased new in March of 07. It sees at least 8 miles of washboard roads daily, sometimes up to 40, in a very rural, desert environment it has performed well. The only failures have been the horn, and the radiator bolts fell out before 2300 miles. I replaced the horn with an aftermarket unit. The radiator was fixed by the dealer. When it is cold, the transmission is a little clunky till it warms up. Lots of gear noise from the transmission and rear end. The engine works fine, and has done well with 3/4 ton of stone in the bed. The stock Firestone tires stink The Speedometer/odometer is off by 4% this was remedied by replacing the sock 215/70/15 tires with 235/75/15.

Base model standard Tachometer and tilt wheel. The steno is ok, better with an add on subwoofer. Love the tiedown setup in the bed, very practical.

Transmission and rear end are as noisy as the 30 year old Ford F100/Explorer Pickup I used to drive. A 6 speed on the 4 banger manual would make for a better city vehicle.

My little truck
By Moved from GM

2007 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

The truck has done well for me. It has met my expectations to date. The only draw back is the dealer installed cruise control.

Good gas mileage, and a well thought out bed tie down system.

Toyota needs to redesign the dealer add on cruise control. You have to hold the control, and many times it doesn't set. I would not have purchased this item if I knew how poorly it performs.

Quality Truck
By GB

2007 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I traded my defective Chevrolet Colorado in on a new Tacoma after GM wouldn't stand behind their product. I wish I would have looked at the Tacoma 2 years ago. The interior quality beats Chevy hands down, as does the ride and lack of road noise. There is also no comparison of the stereo system, Toyota beats Chevy without question. The mileage on the 2.7 4 cyl. 4X4 Tacoma has been fantastic. The mileage during the first 3000 miles has been 23 - 24 mpg with about 50% highway driving. I am very happy with my Tacoma.

Interior design and quality, gas mileage.

More recline adjustment in the bench seat.

Love this truck
By Mike

2007 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

After having a Chevy S-10 and always wanting a Toyota, I can not be happier. I recently pulled a U-Haul trailer from PA to Florida, it made it seem like I had nothing on the back. My bud, pulled the same with an S-10. I pretty much could have dusted him. He had problems with hills, and I didn't. I also got better gas mileage, which is always a plus. I just like having a truck, even though this is the smaller model, it still rocks, has great power for a little engine. This is my second Toyota, I will never again own anything else.

I love everything except the fabric on the doors.

Get rid of the fabric on the doors.