Used 2007 Toyota Tacoma Base Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tacoma

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

My Tacoma
By Mike

2007 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Big enough for toting household goods but not the bulk or expense of a full size p/u

It does everything
By Kevin M

2007 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have hauled 110 gallons of water, firewood and pulled a trailer with a commercial mower with my tacoma. Bought a 5200 pound camper and thought I should get a bigger truck to move it (only have to move it about 300 yards). I had a spring shop add an extra spring to each side. The tacoma moved the camper but she knew that she was pulling something very heavy. I have 127000 miles on it and the air conditioning has failed . Additionally, the cd player plays a few songs and then quits. Very good in the snow. Cannot complain about the dealership service department because I have not had to have repairs done.

Great, Dependable Vehicle
By Ben

2007 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my 2.7L Tacoma for a little over a year now. Not only does this truck get great gas mileage, but it can handle just about whatever you throw at it. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who needs a reliable, dependable vehicle that is capable as well.

26 MPG highway, 22 MPG City, stick shift.

None that I can think of.

Not Bad, still probably the best
By wolfstar

2007 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

This truck was purchased new in March of 07. It sees at least 8 miles of washboard roads daily, sometimes up to 40, in a very rural, desert environment it has performed well. The only failures have been the horn, and the radiator bolts fell out before 2300 miles. I replaced the horn with an aftermarket unit. The radiator was fixed by the dealer. When it is cold, the transmission is a little clunky till it warms up. Lots of gear noise from the transmission and rear end. The engine works fine, and has done well with 3/4 ton of stone in the bed. The stock Firestone tires stink The Speedometer/odometer is off by 4% this was remedied by replacing the sock 215/70/15 tires with 235/75/15.

Base model standard Tachometer and tilt wheel. The steno is ok, better with an add on subwoofer. Love the tiedown setup in the bed, very practical.

Transmission and rear end are as noisy as the 30 year old Ford F100/Explorer Pickup I used to drive. A 6 speed on the 4 banger manual would make for a better city vehicle.

My little truck
By Moved from GM

2007 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

The truck has done well for me. It has met my expectations to date. The only draw back is the dealer installed cruise control.

Good gas mileage, and a well thought out bed tie down system.

Toyota needs to redesign the dealer add on cruise control. You have to hold the control, and many times it doesn't set. I would not have purchased this item if I knew how poorly it performs.