Used 2007 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Worst mistake I made was selling it.
By nuvabey

2007 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

The title should say it all. I got antsy and sold my Taco for a sports car. Huge mistake. This truck was near perfect. That transmission rattle you hear? Don't let some whack job mechanic tell you you need a whole new clutch a flywheel. It just sounds like that. In town I'd get no less than 22-23 mpg. And that was usually 16 miles round trip at 40 mph or less. I drive a Challenger R/T now and if someone said they'd swap me for my Tacoma again, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

MPG (not bad for 4WD, heavy body and not exactly a powerful motor), ride, drivability, maneuverability.

Maybe add an aux jack to all trim levels.

Does Toyota quality still exist? Not my Tacoma..
By strauchfx

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I recently traded my tacoma, so now I feel I can give an unbiased review. I also own a Toyota Camry and after owning the Tacoma and talking to Toyota customer service I swore to myself I wouldn't buy another EVER. The first thing that went wrong.. a HIGH pitch whistling noise from the front end, Toyota could diagnose the problem, customer service told me "your truck was designed that way".. I figured it out finally, there was a TSB out on the internet for a weak seal on the windshield. Good job Toyota for the help. Next.. The temp/compass thing broke, the HVAC Fan switch broke, only HIGH or nothing. Rear end feel like it has resistance. Strange clunks and bangs. Continued below..

The steering column literally feels like it's going to break off one day. You can feel it move when you hit bumps in or potholes in the road, not a lot but no movement is normal. Toyota said everything is fine and just ROAD FORCE balance your tires, here is a bill.. thanks Rides like it has CEMENT tires, this thing seriously was the most uncomfortable ride I have ever experienced. It had the TRD sport package so maybe that why, because my dad has the TRD off road package and it's WAY better. Gas mileage sucks, maybe 16 mpg average. I mean I guess it's reliable mechanically (in theory) but it did not feel like the quality product Toyota is supposedly known for. I wouldn't buy another.

Revamp customer service and dealer network so they don't treat the customer as if they are supposed to be thankful to Toyota for producing the product. You are in business because of the consumer, don't forget that. My favorite Toyota line: "Your truck is designed that way sir.." Really? It's supposed to make unbearable whistling noises from the dash board area when driving on the freeway? What a great feature!!

5 Year Tacoma Owner/READ ME!
By 07tacomagirl

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Well, Purchased Feb. 5, 2007.....first of all I LOVE MY TRUCK!!! Sadly, it spends more time at the dealer than I have actually driven it. I have a file on it at least a solid inch thick. Things replaced so far: washer line..started shooting out of the side of my hood, 3 months in blower motor went out, 7,000 miles tire blew...literally came apart, 3 weeks later another tire blew, decided to replaced dunlops, engine rattle started, 14,000 miles brakes, calipers, rotors replaced they couldn't figure out why they wouldn't stop squeeling. 2 years in trans. hits when parked at a stop light. All before 36,000 mile and my list goes on but ran out of room. Im at 75,000 miles but at least its paid!

The size of it with the long bed is absolutely perfect!! Of course i'm a 5'2" female normal weight :) My dad's 5'10" heavy set and hates that it's too small, he refuses to drive it! It's the biggest little truck you can get in my opinion and I love that it's 4 door/car/truck as my boyfriend calls it. The seats are made out of actual cloth which as you know trucks these days have some new stretch crap that sucks and is uncomfortable. I've moved 2 times with this truck and holds a good amount of stuff. I would recommend this truck to anyone looking for a small truck who could just use a simple little truck to get around. If you can fix trucks buy it if not STAY AWAY or buy auto repair warranty.

fix the loud rattle in my engine, give better gas mileage, replace the horrible slippery bed that everything slides across, especially an ice chest (be prepared to drive slow or have some broken bottles, haha) Paint...PUT SOME MORE, im tired of chipped paint, put some side molding so when people open their door it has something to hit besides putting a gash in my pickup truck, Good tires from the beginning would have been beneficial, IPOD hookup would be fantastic!

I want my '97 Taco back!
By mph66

2007 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I *hate* this truck. My '97 Taco got better mileage. I have an up/down hilly commute of 7 1/2 miles per day, each way. I hypermile by coasting down hills, and still, the best I can eke out is 24 mpg. They took the same spec. 4 cyl. engine from the '97 Taco and put it into the huge, bulky body of the 2007 access cab. This thing labors up the slightest of inclines. I don't need a "full size pickup" to compensate for something else. The smaller truck was fine for going to Home Depot or the transfer station. My manhood was not threatened, yet for some reason, it seems that Toyota's masculinity was somehow called into question. I want my old truck back!

The radio, but then, I put that in myself, replacing the factory stereo.

Go back to the old body style, or stop offering a 4 cyl. engine in your trucks, Toyota. Just admit that you've ceased to be a company that made its fortune catering to an American public concerned about the price of conspicuous fuel consumption. I will never buy another Toyota product. I am completely disappointed in this vehicle. Armrests are entirely uncomfortable on long trips- hurts the elbows.

Love my Taco
By CBI020

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased new in Jan 2007. Absolutely reliable - less than $700 maintenance in nearly four years, including $572 tire upgrade. (Free oil changes w/purchase.) Not so much as a rattle yet, after 45k miles. Under seat storage in rear is convenient, as are 'boxes' in rear. Got mine with the bed extender; needed since standard bed is only 5 foot. Rides great, especially after upgrading from stock Dunlops to Yokohamas. Mileage slipped down to 20 after tire change, though. Plenty of power from V6 for day-to-day driving and hauling. Plan to keep this for many more years. My only regret is I purchased 2wd rather than 4wd, but traction is more than adequate 99.9% of the time

Composite bed, tie downs, comfortable, resale value (not that I plan to trade it in!). Height/ground clearance.

Optional sunroof. Better gas mileage (OK- it is a truck). 6-passenger option (I have four kids.)