Used 2007 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Rust Rust Rust - Recall Recall Recall
By Matt Jones

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Year after year we hear how reliable the Toyota brand is. I challenge anyone to look at the facts and not the hype and find another company with more recalls than Toyota. For Tacomas specifically, more than 10 model years have had the same recall: rusted through frames. That's not just a design flaw --- that's flagrant negligence. To the 2007 model year they also added broken rear leaf springs. I can tell that a breaking leaf spring at 70 miles per hour is VERY scary and dangerous. The entire rear of the truck jumped several feet in the air and although I was able to maintain control, it turned out that half of the bottom spring fell off and in the process damaged my rear break lines and the fuel tank (not punctured). OK you may say so they will fix it - it's a recall. Yes, I was told that this would be repaired on my 2007 (there are several years that were not included in the recall although many people reported similar problems. In either case, it has been more than SEVEN MONTHS since I dropped of the truck at the dealership in Boston. S E V E N M O N T H S ! ! ! And nothing to report. It's hard to argue with the fact that Toyota Tacomas have a following and name recognition, but I urge you to look at the facts: Poor reliability, frequent and dangerous recalls, poor gas millage, and behind the times on technology in the cabin, but also drivetrain and engine...

Best truck on the road.
By Ryan

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My Tacoma has nearly 170,000 miles on it and hasn't had a problem. They're strong and reliable everyday trucks that looks great. Best reselling vehicle on the road, and one of the most reliable.

Worst mistake I made was selling it.
By nuvabey

2007 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

The title should say it all. I got antsy and sold my Taco for a sports car. Huge mistake. This truck was near perfect. That transmission rattle you hear? Don't let some whack job mechanic tell you you need a whole new clutch a flywheel. It just sounds like that. In town I'd get no less than 22-23 mpg. And that was usually 16 miles round trip at 40 mph or less. I drive a Challenger R/T now and if someone said they'd swap me for my Tacoma again, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

MPG (not bad for 4WD, heavy body and not exactly a powerful motor), ride, drivability, maneuverability.

Maybe add an aux jack to all trim levels.

Does Toyota quality still exist? Not my Tacoma..
By strauchfx

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I recently traded my tacoma, so now I feel I can give an unbiased review. I also own a Toyota Camry and after owning the Tacoma and talking to Toyota customer service I swore to myself I wouldn't buy another EVER. The first thing that went wrong.. a HIGH pitch whistling noise from the front end, Toyota could diagnose the problem, customer service told me "your truck was designed that way".. I figured it out finally, there was a TSB out on the internet for a weak seal on the windshield. Good job Toyota for the help. Next.. The temp/compass thing broke, the HVAC Fan switch broke, only HIGH or nothing. Rear end feel like it has resistance. Strange clunks and bangs. Continued below..

The steering column literally feels like it's going to break off one day. You can feel it move when you hit bumps in or potholes in the road, not a lot but no movement is normal. Toyota said everything is fine and just ROAD FORCE balance your tires, here is a bill.. thanks Rides like it has CEMENT tires, this thing seriously was the most uncomfortable ride I have ever experienced. It had the TRD sport package so maybe that why, because my dad has the TRD off road package and it's WAY better. Gas mileage sucks, maybe 16 mpg average. I mean I guess it's reliable mechanically (in theory) but it did not feel like the quality product Toyota is supposedly known for. I wouldn't buy another.

Revamp customer service and dealer network so they don't treat the customer as if they are supposed to be thankful to Toyota for producing the product. You are in business because of the consumer, don't forget that. My favorite Toyota line: "Your truck is designed that way sir.." Really? It's supposed to make unbearable whistling noises from the dash board area when driving on the freeway? What a great feature!!

5 Year Tacoma Owner/READ ME!
By 07tacomagirl

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Well, Purchased Feb. 5, 2007.....first of all I LOVE MY TRUCK!!! Sadly, it spends more time at the dealer than I have actually driven it. I have a file on it at least a solid inch thick. Things replaced so far: washer line..started shooting out of the side of my hood, 3 months in blower motor went out, 7,000 miles tire blew...literally came apart, 3 weeks later another tire blew, decided to replaced dunlops, engine rattle started, 14,000 miles brakes, calipers, rotors replaced they couldn't figure out why they wouldn't stop squeeling. 2 years in trans. hits when parked at a stop light. All before 36,000 mile and my list goes on but ran out of room. Im at 75,000 miles but at least its paid!

The size of it with the long bed is absolutely perfect!! Of course i'm a 5'2" female normal weight :) My dad's 5'10" heavy set and hates that it's too small, he refuses to drive it! It's the biggest little truck you can get in my opinion and I love that it's 4 door/car/truck as my boyfriend calls it. The seats are made out of actual cloth which as you know trucks these days have some new stretch crap that sucks and is uncomfortable. I've moved 2 times with this truck and holds a good amount of stuff. I would recommend this truck to anyone looking for a small truck who could just use a simple little truck to get around. If you can fix trucks buy it if not STAY AWAY or buy auto repair warranty.

fix the loud rattle in my engine, give better gas mileage, replace the horrible slippery bed that everything slides across, especially an ice chest (be prepared to drive slow or have some broken bottles, haha) Paint...PUT SOME MORE, im tired of chipped paint, put some side molding so when people open their door it has something to hit besides putting a gash in my pickup truck, Good tires from the beginning would have been beneficial, IPOD hookup would be fantastic!