Used 2007 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

I love this truck
By Russell Burns

2007 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I am a total Toyota truck fan. We bought this truck new and have nothing but great things to say about it. Great reliability! Never a single problem. I just need a bigger truck to haul and pull my other toys now .

Solid truck with proven results
By Boomer3414

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab (4 door) TRD Sport new in 07 and it is hands down one of the best light trucks on the market. It provides a decent towing and cargo capacity and is ok at best on gas. I have NEVER had a problem with this vehicle - NEVER - it is almost 10 years old and gets a lot of use. I have over 100K work miles and off road use and it's dependable enough to get the job done and get me home safe!!! That says a lot for me, it also has one of the highest resale values on the market. Do not listen to the nay sayers that don't even own this vehicle or say that it is not worth it. Check the market and educate yourself. I highly recommend this vehicle and will definitely be purchasing another one in the future. Toyota builds quality vehicles that last and is dependable.

Really overrated.
By Jeff

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

These things have a ton of problems. Rusty frames, rusty broken rear leaf springs. These are not trucks. The beds can deform if hauling heavy loads. The tailgates bend. Interior components fail early and often. Toyota quality does not exist anymore.

It does everything
By Kevin M

2007 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have hauled 110 gallons of water, firewood and pulled a trailer with a commercial mower with my tacoma. Bought a 5200 pound camper and thought I should get a bigger truck to move it (only have to move it about 300 yards). I had a spring shop add an extra spring to each side. The tacoma moved the camper but she knew that she was pulling something very heavy. I have 127000 miles on it and the air conditioning has failed . Additionally, the cd player plays a few songs and then quits. Very good in the snow. Cannot complain about the dealership service department because I have not had to have repairs done.

Rust Rust Rust - Recall Recall Recall
By Matt Jones

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Year after year we hear how reliable the Toyota brand is. I challenge anyone to look at the facts and not the hype and find another company with more recalls than Toyota. For Tacomas specifically, more than 10 model years have had the same recall: rusted through frames. That's not just a design flaw --- that's flagrant negligence. To the 2007 model year they also added broken rear leaf springs. I can tell that a breaking leaf spring at 70 miles per hour is VERY scary and dangerous. The entire rear of the truck jumped several feet in the air and although I was able to maintain control, it turned out that half of the bottom spring fell off and in the process damaged my rear break lines and the fuel tank (not punctured). OK you may say so they will fix it - it's a recall. Yes, I was told that this would be repaired on my 2007 (there are several years that were not included in the recall although many people reported similar problems. In either case, it has been more than SEVEN MONTHS since I dropped of the truck at the dealership in Boston. S E V E N M O N T H S ! ! ! And nothing to report. It's hard to argue with the fact that Toyota Tacomas have a following and name recognition, but I urge you to look at the facts: Poor reliability, frequent and dangerous recalls, poor gas millage, and behind the times on technology in the cabin, but also drivetrain and engine...

• SUV