2007 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Worst mistake I made was selling it.
By nuvabey on 11/18/13 14:22 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

The title should say it all. I got antsy and sold my Taco for a sports car. Huge mistake. This truck was near perfect. That transmission rattle you hear? Don't let some whack job mechanic tell you you need a whole new clutch a flywheel. It just sounds like that. In town I'd get no less than 22-23 mpg. And that was usually 16 miles round trip at 40 mph or less. I drive a Challenger R/T now and if someone said they'd swap me for my Tacoma again, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Does Toyota quality still exist? Not my Tacoma..
By strauchfx on 10/08/12 11:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I recently traded my tacoma, so now I feel I can give an unbiased review. I also own a Toyota Camry and after owning the Tacoma and talking to Toyota customer service I swore to myself I wouldn't buy another EVER. The first thing that went wrong.. a HIGH pitch whistling noise from the front end, Toyota could diagnose the problem, customer service told me "your truck was designed that way".. I figured it out finally, there was a TSB out on the internet for a weak seal on the windshield. Good job Toyota for the help. Next.. The temp/compass thing broke, the HVAC Fan switch broke, only HIGH or nothing. Rear end feel like it has resistance. Strange clunks and bangs. Continued below..

5 Year Tacoma Owner/READ ME!
By 07tacomagirl on 01/14/12 09:58 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Well, Purchased Feb. 5, 2007.....first of all I LOVE MY TRUCK!!! Sadly, it spends more time at the dealer than I have actually driven it. I have a file on it at least a solid inch thick. Things replaced so far: washer line..started shooting out of the side of my hood, 3 months in blower motor went out, 7,000 miles tire blew...literally came apart, 3 weeks later another tire blew, decided to replaced dunlops, engine rattle started, 14,000 miles brakes, calipers, rotors replaced they couldn't figure out why they wouldn't stop squeeling. 2 years in trans. hits when parked at a stop light. All before 36,000 mile and my list goes on but ran out of room. Im at 75,000 miles but at least its paid!

I want my '97 Taco back!
By mph66 on 02/01/11 12:05 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I *hate* this truck. My '97 Taco got better mileage. I have an up/down hilly commute of 7 1/2 miles per day, each way. I hypermile by coasting down hills, and still, the best I can eke out is 24 mpg. They took the same spec. 4 cyl. engine from the '97 Taco and put it into the huge, bulky body of the 2007 access cab. This thing labors up the slightest of inclines. I don't need a "full size pickup" to compensate for something else. The smaller truck was fine for going to Home Depot or the transfer station. My manhood was not threatened, yet for some reason, it seems that Toyota's masculinity was somehow called into question. I want my old truck back!

Love my Taco
By CBI020 on 11/24/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased new in Jan 2007. Absolutely reliable - less than $700 maintenance in nearly four years, including $572 tire upgrade. (Free oil changes w/purchase.) Not so much as a rattle yet, after 45k miles. Under seat storage in rear is convenient, as are 'boxes' in rear. Got mine with the bed extender; needed since standard bed is only 5 foot. Rides great, especially after upgrading from stock Dunlops to Yokohamas. Mileage slipped down to 20 after tire change, though. Plenty of power from V6 for day-to-day driving and hauling. Plan to keep this for many more years. My only regret is I purchased 2wd rather than 4wd, but traction is more than adequate 99.9% of the time

Not what I was expecting
By Glenn on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the truck 3 years ago and am looking forward to getting rid of it as soon as I can. The engine makes all kinds of noise and pings horribly on ethanol gas. The dealer tells me there is nothing they can about either one. I logged a complaint with Toyota about the pinging and never heard back from them. The dealer told me to use premium ethanol gas, but it still pings. I have to go miles out of my way to get ethanol free gas and I am getting sick of it. No MP3 adapter and the CD player will not play MP3 discs; how cheap. Transmission shifts all the time and steering wheel shimmy has never been fixed. I expected far more out of this vehicle. It is the last Toyota I will ever buy.

Nothing Beats Toyota, NOTHING!
By Jason N on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Toyota, and again I am IMPRESSED. This truck has more than enough pwr to do all I need. I have used it pulling boats, and other cars/trucks as well. The V6 never missed a beat. The 4wd is more than capable of handling anything I have thrown at it, snow, mud, rocks, anything. My mpg has suffered since the induction of ethanol, but whose hasn't? To the reviewer with the overhead compass problem, it's just a resistor that needs re-soldered, you can fix it yourself for free in less than 5 minutes, I have done it to mine. I love this truck and am so glad I choose it over another full size. It does it all, plus the pwr outlet in the bed has proved beneficial. Overall best in class!

Great, Dependable Vehicle
By Ben on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my 2.7L Tacoma for a little over a year now. Not only does this truck get great gas mileage, but it can handle just about whatever you throw at it. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who needs a reliable, dependable vehicle that is capable as well.

Good dependable truck
By Dennis Dale on 08/13/10 13:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have enjoyed this truck the entire time I have owned it. Very dependable and comfortable. But, the temperature guage / compass has broken this summer. I was wondering if this is a problem for other owners. My mechanic said during his research the answer is to replace the instrument at a parts cost of about $200.00. He also said during his research that this is listed by Toyota as a problem, no recall at this time.

Odometer says 127,000
By PlainJoe on 05/16/10 18:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

This is my ultra reliable work truck. I clocked 127,000 in less than 3 years. I only change oil, did not even get a tune up. Changed front brakes, rotors and a set of tires. Will change tires again soon. Hows that for reliability. In 2 more years, will change this truck with another Tacoma.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.